“City break hotel”

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #72 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Hi all,
I have spent a fabulists weekend in Tel Aviv staying at the Grand Beach Hotel. We stayed at the Premium room which was comfortable and cleaned on a daily basis with a free safe. The reception staff was very helpful and friendly. It's in a good location close to the culture sites and a short walk to so many restaurant shops and the beach. Every morning we had the hotel complimentary breakfast which was very good. There were wide choices for freshly made food, salads, eggs, cheese, pastries and delicacies . The hotel's pool at the top floor is not big but with amazing view and very specious- perfect for relaxation. The price their rooms run for are relatively very good for the hotels values.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2009

If you could be directly transported to your room everything would be fine, as the room had been newly refurbished and although a bit tight on space for 2 adults and a 10 yearold, it was very clean, beds were comfortableand and it had good air conditioning.However the public areas and the pool need attention they are still in the 60s,hopefully they will be part of the refurbishment. Staff on the whole were helpfull ,with dining room staff being the best.
My main concern however is the lack of information in the bedrooms regarding what to do in the event of a fire.
There were no notices or instructions anywhere,I called reception first of all they didn`t know what I was talking about,and then when they did eventualy understand they didn`t think it was urgent to provide it. The reason I bring this to your attention is the last thing you want is to be caught up in a fire and not knowing where any exits are. On the 3rd night what happened ---The Fire Alarm went off. This was when I discovered there were no instructions, we went into the corridor to be met by other guests who also had no instructions. My Husband called reception and they confirmed someone was checking it out, a short time later we were told by staff it was a false Alarm,but its not what you need in the middle of the night with children.and by the end of our 7 night stay still no instructions. SO BE AWARE.
The Hotel is in a good location,opposite Independence Park.The beaches are excellent, 24 hour supermarket round the corner and no shortage of eating places.Breakfast in the hotel is good and plenty on offer. Would we go back to this Hotel again, at the moment NO. On 3 counts. It was over priced,no guarantee that health and safety measures would be addressed,and we were told on check in we could have internet for 56 shekels and at check out we were charged 56$us. So make sure currency you are dealing in, as they deal in both.
Tel Aviv is a great city with fabulous beaches,eating places,and many things to see and do, would certainly go back, but not to this Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank shira_8
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I stayed at the Grand Beach Hotel for five nights with my fiancé. We booked from the hotel's website and got a rate of $185/night for a Business club room. Considering the price, I expected much less but the hotel greatly exceeded our expectations.
Our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a free Wi-Fi connection, work desk, LCD and everything we needed.
The man at the front desk could not have been more hospitable and courteous. The hotel located at what I believe to be the best and most central location in Tel Aviv. We really enjoyed spending our time at the café's scattered on the beach. I mainly recommend "Beach 9 Cafe"; it’s a beautiful chill out beach café with great food, a minute walk from the hotel.
To my unfortunate I had some work to finish so I've used the business center which was very well equipped and quite so I was able to finish work with no time and go back to the beach…
I highly recommend this hotel for business and leisure.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I was staying at Grand Beach Hotel with my wife for 2 nights. The hospitality of the staff here was great. We had no issues when we checked in (even thought we came earlier then expected) our room was very clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was prettier then the room... We loved the pool even though was small it had a wonderful view of the entire coast of Tel Aviv and Jaffa. The breakfast is price include, Israeli buffet style, don’t miss out the hotel shakshoka. I would definitely use this property again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Well appointed hotel near the beach of Tel Aviv. Our room was very nice, with lots of light and you could see some of the sea. It had a flat panel TV and in-room safe and all the amenities you would expect. Complimentary breakfast was served in the dining room on the second floor, food was fresh and delicious and the seating arrangements were lovely as you were facing the city and the beach. The employees at the front desk were very kind and always with a smile. What was the greatest though was the hotel location which is perfect for exploring Tel Aviv’s attraction as it situated writhing a walking distance from everything. Even though the hotel itself is very quiet, staying at this bustling centric location make you realize it’s true what they say: this city never sleep!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business