All reviewsindependence parkthe tel aviv portclean roomsold portben yehudalocation is greatisraeli breakfastmediterranean seabeachroofshabbatshekelskosherjaffacafes
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I liked this hotel. I travel at least 2 nights per week in the US and while the hotel is an older hotel property it is maintained well and the elevators are being redone. The location is terrific, 1 blk from the beach and independence park. There is 24 hour small supermarket (AM/PM) on the corner and buses pass within 2 blks of the hotel that take you throughout Tel Aviv, download a map from the DAN system because they are not provided at the stops and unless you read Hebrew you dont know where they go from the bus signs.

The hotel had a decent breakfast buffet all Mediterranean foods, and the choices changed daily and there was a small omelette station. Americans, Im talking to you: They are a kosher kitchen so do not expect breakfast meats. I did not mind and ate well to last me through the day. The pool was closed at the time of our visit, but the room was clean, bathroom nice sized and clean, and service was great. I used the tour Ben Eim, I think they come to the hotel and pick you up, Excellent tours - except they sucker you into their expensive lunch places before telling you how much extra it would cost you. I did not mind the food though but their practice annoyed me and the value of the lunch food for the price was not worth it. Otherwise great tours and I recommend it.

I recommend this hotel, the service was great, they have parking if you have a car and bus 5, 4, 10 are all within walking distance, restaurants are within 5 mins walking.

I gained some weight on this trip despite all the walking I did, so need not say anything more about their food. They also have a fridge in their room and a good view of the sea.

Enjoy.

Room Tip: Location
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Chulolaw
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I really liked this hotel, situated at the best location of Tel Aviv, new and fully eqquipped rooms at a fare price.
Of all the 4* hotel in Tel aviv it was a smart choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank r_ie11
Reviewed 15 March 2011

ROOMS on the small side but very nice. LOCATION great with a view of the sea.. WITHINwalking distance of the Old Port with lots of godd restrauants. The seafood is great, very fresh.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank KRKRUSLING
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I have stayed in many of the 4 stars hotels in Tel Aviv and I have to say I particularly connected to the Grand Beach, regardless the fact that the rates they are offering are a bit lower then the other 4 stars hotel.
The rooms were immaculate and new- small shower but had all amenities including make up mirror..
breakfast was a delight facing Nordau Av and some of the sea.
I want to point out the worm and personal attention I have received from a lovely reception lady name Eva, she was so sweet and kind and took the time and the efforts to help with all my questions I had about places in Tel Aviv.

Of all the 4 stars hotel in Tel Aviv I've stayed in (and there were quiet a few) I found Grand Beach to Give the highest value for money.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gbngv
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Comments here say that they got a good price. I didn't. The main point I like about the hotel is its location. Other than that, there's a lot to improve on:
- Old room. Needs renovation
- I did not have a mini-bar in the room, while my colleagues had. I had to buy an ample supply from outside, because I have a great need for liquids
- Internet is not for free. Ended up paying around $60 more for that
Other than that, thanks for quickly giving me a vase for my flowers.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business