All reviews walking distance kitchenette sea beach dryer sleeping
Reviewed 6 November 2014

I often travel across the United States and around the world, both on business and pleasure and most of the time I prefer to stay in the four and five star hotels for the simple reason that I love convenience and comfort. Even though this is not a five and even four star hotel I always prefer to stay there on my visits to Israel and for the following reasons: location, great price, simple comfort, and friendly stuff.

I love sea and I love to swim. The hotel is located about 300 meters (yards) from the beautiful Frishman beach, with lifeguards, beach showers, foot showers and dressing facilities. When the sea is choppy, there is an excellent sea-water open Gordon pool, in a few more minutes walk to the right. Across the hotel there is a grocery store that is well stocked with fresh fruits and vegetables, delicious Israeli diary products and good selection of beers, just to name a few items. The store is open 24 hours every day.

Why should I pay a double or even higher price for a room with breakfast when there are plenty of caffee shops in the area that offer excellent variety of breakfasts with a real strong coffee, including a shop just 200 yards up the street. On the right side of the hotel, at the small distance of about 300 yards there is one of the major Tel Aviv streets - Ben Yehuda, with plenty of restaurants, shops and cafees, along with the buses and taxis that can take you to any part of town. On the left, near the beach, there is a sea walk with beatufil vistas of hotels and the sea, which is geat for jogging and cycling during the day hours and before-the-sleep strolls in the evenings. The laundry and dry cleaning shop is also located nearby, near the grocery store.

Some rooms are small but still pretty functional with a fridge, micro wave, kettle and hot plate, along with dishes and utensils. And if you're lucky you might get a bigger room (for a small extra fee) that looks towards the sea, so you will have fresh sea air during the night.

All the hotel staff are very friendly and always ready to assist you whenever necessary. The rooms are recently remodelled and are very clean.

For those who are not used to the sounds of a bustling city this place might be too noisy, so I would suggest them to look elsewhere for another hotel which would make it easier for the people who love to stay there get a room... :-)

Room Tip: If you want to get a better room, try to contact them at least one month in advance. E-mail is a good form of contact with them.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AlexS101
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Stayed 13 nights at $81 a night in a in different rooms: room (41,32,23) with double bed (very comfortable), kitchenette inc micro wave, one pot hot plate, kettle (tea and coffee) and refrigerator. Due to an error when booking the hotel: the first night spent in room 41, and in the morning we lived in a smaller number of 32 with a small window overlooking the courtyard. But with the help of the service we were provided Booking.kom spacious room 23. Due to an error when booking the hotel: the first night spent in room 41, and in the morning we lived in a smaller number of 32 with a small window overlooking the courtyard. But with the help of the service we were provided Booking.kom spacious room 23. WIFI worked differently- farther from the router located at Ground floor at the reception, the worse the signal.Small shower with enough towels.
Great location for a beach stay. 24/7 shop right around the corner. Suitable for long term stay. Moreover, in october in Tel Aviv is a beautiful weather.

Room Tip: The best rooms are (over) closer to the front desk and the window overlook the Hayarkon street .n our case it is number 23, 40, 41.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2014

Stayed 2 nights at $70 a night in a very spacious room (15) with double bed (very comfortable), kitchenette inc micro wave, one pot hot plate, kettle (tea and coffee) and mini bar. Small balcony was a plus with ocean glimpses from 1st floor. WIFI worked perfectly at all times in room. Downhill stroll to beach. McDonalds Cafe and many other restaurants very close. 24/7 shop right around the corner. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed early check in given room was ready. Water pressure and heat for shower was perfect (on a timer system as per earlier reviews). Air con worked well. Slight smell in toilet but not noticeable with bathroom door closed or when in shower. Great location for a beach stay. Definitely not 5 star and it has a few rough edges but more than OK for me and would be suited to a longer term stay. Didn't find it overly noisy at all and had a couple of great sleeps.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MJS1966
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I understand that you pay for what you get. But I still had a few problems with the hotel. We booked a studio apartment. It was small but manageable for two people. Comfortable enough to make some food and have dinner. We were mostly out and about so we were not too concerned with the space. The bathroom was right in front of the bed beside the tv. The bathroom door had a frosted window so you could see the shadow of what the person doing in there. Also, you had to turn on a timer and wait about 20 minutes before you shower so the water is not freezing. The hotel room could have been cleaned better, especially the bathroom. By the way, the bathroom was tiny. If you are travelling with another person I would choose another hotel, maybe pay more for a better one because the frosted glass bathroom door was very strange and it is uncomfortable knowing someone can see you wipe after using the toilet.
Also, we put the do not disturb sign on our door because we did not want anyone coming in. The first day they hung a bag of clean towels with some soaps and shampoos on outside of our door. That was great! But then the second day, they went in anyways to clean our room even though we put the sign saying not to disturb!

Room Tip: Rooms of north side have a tiny balcony, other rooms do not. But that is the room where the bed is in front of the frosted glass bathroom door.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lifeasweknowit7
Reviewed 20 March 2014

As others have said, the hotel is physically in bad shape and it's dirty. You might think, like another reviewer that it is expensive, but Tel Aviv is generally expensive. My wife and I looked around the area and found that to get anything in a better shape would cost about double.
My wife wants a room with fresh air, so the fact that the windows in the room actually open and you can see and almost smell the ocean from the room was a big plus. On the other hand, leaving the window open meant that we had the sound of trucks and motorcycles in the room until the city gets quiet around 3:30 to 4 a.m. I think the only way to avoid the noise and still be in a good location is to stay in a large hotel on a high floor.
More important to us were
(a) the people in the hotel - we found everyone to be very pleasant and very helpful (I complained about the bathroom fan not working in the evening and the owner came with an electrician to replace it first thing in the morning);
(b) the location - we walked to Rabin Square and Shuk Hacarmel several times. You are in an area that is very much alive; there are dozens of restaurants nearby and they are busy from morning until well past midnight. And the sea is just one short block away
(c) the kitchenette - this worked better than I expected as there were dishes, cutlery, a couple of pots and a refrigerator that held enough food for a few days. There are numerous food stores within 4 blocks and a fabulous French bakery nearby on Ben Yehuda St.
Warning; if you plan to rent a car and stay here - the garage is very small with tight spaces, so I would recommend renting a very small car

Room Tip: don't get a room facing Frishman (for 2014 at least) - your view will be a very ugly construction site
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple