“Woeful”

Ranked #122 of 1,658 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mexicana is a restaurant serving ethnic Mexican food in which you can taste a variety of the dishes from an authentic Mexican kitchen as well as much more. The restaurant is characterized by a variety of Mexican tastes mixed with American-style TexMex offerings as well. On the menu you can, of course, find the usual offerings from the Mexican kitchen including: tortillas, guacamole (avocado spread), frijoles (bean spread), salsas and Mexican cooking sauces such as chipotle, mole, jalapeno and chili. The menu offers a selection of authentic fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas and tacos for adults and a separate children's menu as well. With our menu we also offer a variety of house-special margaritas with fresh fruit. We also offer a bar to sample a variety of tequilas and special Negro Modelo beers. The restaurant is decorated in authentic Mexican style and you can see Mexican motifs all around you (Somberos on the wall, flags and weapons from the Aztec Wars). Also, the color theme comes from the ancient Mexican palate (light blue, cream and red). We play Mexican musician and the atmosphere is both pleasant and welcoming. Perfect for a romantic evening or a family evening
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Friday evening, restaurant not overly busy. Six waiting staff for approximately 40 patrons. I left after waiting for 15 minutes to give my order. But....found an amazing Italian restaurant just up the street. Picola Pasta, genuine Italian food, reasonably priced, excellent service and great food.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife celebrated her birthday and planned on a very luxurious and expensive restaurant located just a couple of blocks away. We set at the table, opened the menu, looked at the prices that for years we could not afford and then it hit us - who gives a **** about these restaurants !
We stepped out and started walking between all the colorful ppl of Tel Aviv and bumped into Mexicana!
Lots of ppl, Mexican music, delightful dishes and a smell that pulls you in.

I set at the table, my wife ordered a Sangria and I took 500ml of San Miguel. (Obviously!!)
We took a plate of Salad and two Pahetas (rice with steamed vegetables). The Salad was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Lettus and cherry tomato, avocado, corn tortilla, sugared pecan and pear.
The main course was very nice, although my wife said that the meet was dry and plate was slightly over cooked. Mine was good, I also like spicy food and tables are suited with red and green Mexican spicy sauce.

All and all - it was great and refreshing! We escaped the "luxury" which is not even our cup of tea, ended up with cool Tel Aviv spirit.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I'm always having at least one dinner at Mexicana when I'm visiting Tel Aviv. The mexican food is super tasty, and there is a lot of choices. Their frozen Magharitas are sooo delicous. I you go there, its a good idea to book a table - at least at the bussy days. I'm always sitting outside with a view to Ben Yehuda. The staff is all right - not the best but OK!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice during our Tel Aviv jaunt. Outstanding food and service. Really a lot of food. It is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.
Give this restaurant a try. We'll be back.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times within 3 months and I'm not getting tired of it! I especially love their fish tacos.

the service can sometimes be a little slow but the food makes up for it.
I love that some of their meals come with a small side, and if you share with someone you can have such a variety in 1 small meal!

Prices are reasonable