“One of my favorite spots in TLV!”
Review of Mexicana

Mexicana
Ranked #121 of 1,658 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mexicana is a restaurant serving ethnic Mexican food in which you can taste a variety of the dishes from an authentic Mexican kitchen as well as much more. The restaurant is characterized by a variety of Mexican tastes mixed with American-style TexMex offerings as well. On the menu you can, of course, find the usual offerings from the Mexican kitchen including: tortillas, guacamole (avocado spread), frijoles (bean spread), salsas and Mexican cooking sauces such as chipotle, mole, jalapeno and chili. The menu offers a selection of authentic fajitas, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas and tacos for adults and a separate children's menu as well. With our menu we also offer a variety of house-special margaritas with fresh fruit. We also offer a bar to sample a variety of tequilas and special Negro Modelo beers. The restaurant is decorated in authentic Mexican style and you can see Mexican motifs all around you (Somberos on the wall, flags and weapons from the Aztec Wars). Also, the color theme comes from the ancient Mexican palate (light blue, cream and red). We play Mexican musician and the atmosphere is both pleasant and welcoming. Perfect for a romantic evening or a family evening
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I'm always having at least one dinner at Mexicana when I'm visiting Tel Aviv. The mexican food is super tasty, and there is a lot of choices. Their frozen Magharitas are sooo delicous. I you go there, its a good idea to book a table - at least at the bussy days. I'm always sitting outside with a view to Ben Yehuda. The staff is all right - not the best but OK!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice during our Tel Aviv jaunt. Outstanding food and service. Really a lot of food. It is not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.
Give this restaurant a try. We'll be back.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here a few times within 3 months and I'm not getting tired of it! I especially love their fish tacos.

the service can sometimes be a little slow but the food makes up for it.
I love that some of their meals come with a small side, and if you share with someone you can have such a variety in 1 small meal!

Prices are reasonable

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My husband and I went there for a dinner. On the menu said it is a happy hour from 5 till 7 pm and if you order one of the main dishes and margarita PER PERSON you can have unlimited margaritas... So we ordered 2 main courses and my husband had margarita too. I don't drink so I had water. My husband finish with one margarita and said he would like another one. The waitress came with margarita and said "I can't bring you any more margaritas this is your last one!" Well, you can imagine we got surprised. "Why?" She said we didn't read the menu good. It is unlimited margaritas if you order main dish and margarita PER TABLE. We said that's not true, it is not like that in the menu. I ask her to bring the menu, and like we saw the first time it did say -
if you order one of the main dishes and margarita PER PERSON you can have unlimited margaritas. We read that to her, and she stick to the story is per table, not per person. The other waiter confirmed and so called manager. They just changed there menu in front of us, rudest people I've ever met. I guess they saw my husband can drink more then 2 margaritas... In the meantime other customers were having there unlimited margaritas, except my husband. Beside the point we will never go there again with this review I just want to warn people who are reading TripAdvisor reviews this should be the last place on there list to go and eat. It is also overpriced and the food is poor copy of Mexican dishes. You've been warned now!

1  Thank Natasha D
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the dinner for two! The food was EXCELLENT, and so was the service! We simply loved it! Delicious, fresh, tasty, and plenty to eat! We were starving when we arrived, and devoured our meal! The decor is playful. Buen provecho!