All reviewsno elevatorperfect locationsea viewsmall hotelboutique hoteldirectly across the streetmodern roomsstayed for nightsfirst floordizengoff streetben yehudacomfy bedperfect staytwo blocksnice breakfastbars and restaurantsbalcony
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Pros: Great location. The women at the desk are phenomenal.

Cons: Apparently the 28 year old son of the owner took over managing the hotel about a year ago, and from another repeat guest the place has gone downhill dramatically since. The staff do their best with no support from the manager. If there are health inspections in Tel Aviv, this place would fail. Bathroom sink faucet was loose, looks like there has been no touch up paint in a long time.

There is a kind of beat charm to the place, however if not maintained, will soon turn to dilapidated.

We stayed there 4 nights, and because of the staff, booked a 5th night a week later before flying home.

Our first room, the AC did not work. The staff had an empty suite room on the same floor, and let us use that to sleep until our AC could be fixed the next day.

Our second room, the AC was struggling. From personal experience, I know if the air intake filter is clogged, there is limited airflow and AC will not work. I identified the air intake, took a picture showing it was completely clogged, and asked the front desk to call a maintenance person in to clean the filter, knowing that would likely fix the problem. She tried, but the 28 year old punk of a manager would not do anything about it. Recognizing how hard she tried, and how awful she felt, I suggested we tackle the problem together. Sure enough, I stepped up on a chair, swiveled the clips holding the air-intake grate in place open, and there was about a 3/4" inch thick layer of dust in front of the clogged filter. I vacuumed what I could, left the filter off, and the room was then cooling off in a matter of minutes.

The front desk woman was almost in tears apologetically and said she would call her manager to ask that he do something about the rate we were paying for that night's stay.

In the morning we were told that the 28 year old punk of a manager said that we should not have tried to clean the filter, that the AC in the hotel works fine. When I asked the front desk to call the manager so I could speak to him, for almost 3 minutes he kept saying to the front desk woman that he had no time to speak with me, that I could leave my number and he would call me back in a couple of days.

Truth is I already realized the manager/owner would not do anything about the rate, rather wanted to state it isn't ok to put his dedicated staff in repeatedly awkward positions with guests, and PS by not cleaning the AC filters he was likely paying hire electricity bills as a result.

I'm torn. The owner is going to ruin a charming place through ignorance and pride, and it pains me to think of him profiting on his bad management.

The women working the desk are so amazing, not supporting the hotel could put them out of a job. I am not the only guest that feels this way.

My guess is if the women working the desk all walked out, nothing would change at the hotel. If they walked out, and emailed every guest with whom the worked about what new hotel they were at, 95% would follow them.

Lastly, what is sad and hysterical, is the 28 year old punk of a manager wants to put in a kosher sushi restaurant at the hotel. If this guy doesn't believe his guests that repeatedly the AC is not working right, and doesn't think to clean air filters which is HVAC 101, I can't imaging what he would do to the raw fish he thinks he will serve guests.

Room Tip: Ask if the AC filters have been recently changed, and if there have been any recent AC or plumbing issues reported for the room.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gregg S
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

No bar, no restaurant, what lounge. And the breakfast: a true, but not fun, joke.
When I came back to the room the second evening it had a strong synthetic smell that I thought was for hiding something. I opened all windows but still it gave me headache. In the morning they said it was for a good smell !?!
The glass door to the bathroom (with window) made the room very light from early morning.
Something obviously happened since last years reviews, but they forgot to match the price to the standard.
Close to the beach yes, but that’s it.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank GittR
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Room in the DELUX standard had nothing to do with DELUX: fungus in the shower, technical failures, door not closed, dirty windows, dirty mirror rubbed with a dirty cloth from the floor, gray curtains unchanged for years ...the view was supposed to be to the sea, attached the view from the balcony, which illustrates some scaffolding, not the sea, a tiny room;)

None of the pictures of the room shown in the website description reflects what I found on the spot. Neither does it show a bathroom, which is almost inserted into a room behind a glass pane, which additionally spoiled the comfort of staying in the room. Unfortunately, I gave it a stretch. The photos are colored so much that they really congratulate the artist on the photographer.

Room Tip: try to make reservations without booking.com - they have extremely expensive prices for that hotel, inadequate to quality.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank elg0sia
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My wife Mara and I stayed for 5 nights 22-27/12.
Spacious rooms with good housekeeping and well priced.
Perfect location to see Tel Aviv and go out at night.
Top marks for staff, we were so welcome and looked after!
Will definitely not stay anywhere else next time in Tel Aviv.
Thank you all.
Vaios

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2017

I was in Tel Aviv for my birthday during the first week of November. I tried looking for a good hotel and came upon this one. I am very glad I made that choice.

The hotel is small, truly a boutique hotel. This is an awesome aspect of the property since it's so easy to get anything at the hotel. When I checked in, I was missing some towels and instead of waiting for housekeeping to show up, I simply went downstairs and one of the guys at the front desk got me some towels.

The hotel is situated in a perfect location, near everything, in a very safe part of the city (although I think the whole city is very safe). I love the terrace where you can have a glass of wine or a meal and the rooftop, with Jacuzzi, is a PERFECT addition. You really feel like you have the whole rooftop to yourself.

I ate at the hotel twice; breakfast, which was ok, and lunch, which was superb. The rooms are very modern. Not small but not large. My room, B3, had a lovely balcony where I had coffee in the morning and had a glimpse of the sea. Housekeeping kept the room spotless, bathroom was very modern. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel.

The staff here is young, hip and very helpful. The bar is very relaxed and on Friday afternoons there is a DJ on the main terrace of the hotel. Really a great vibe. If I don't rent an apartment next time i'm in Tel Aviv then this hotel will be my go-to. I had an awesome stay here, celebrated my birthday, and the hotel just made everything so perfect. Comfortable beds, great bar and the sunsets - AMAZING!

Don't hesitate in staying here. You're a block away from Ben Yehuda Street, two blocks from Dizengoff. There are two currency exchange places near by: one on Gordon and Ben Yehuda and the other, with better rates, is a Russian place on HaYarkon, two minutes away going south. There is also an ATM, Bank Leumi, across the street on Gordon St. from the currency exchange place. Lots of cafes nearby and beach front restaurants - La La Land was great.

Thank you again to the staff of the property for making my stay so memorable.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a balcony that somehow faces the sea.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends