All reviews great location great restaurants and shops continental breakfast small hotel located close the hotel is clean tea coffee free wifi booked this hotel boutique hotel dizengoff street business trip comfortable beds nice breakfast beach israel namal
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Very kind, young staff

Nice black and white design, decently decorated

big bathroom

generally very clean - good smell everywhere

coffee machine
breakfast buffet: not very big but there was all we needed
breakfast schedule: we came rather late but that was not a problem at all, they extended the schedule for us

Nice rooftop, but we could not really use it because it was to cold/windy and partly raining

Our room was partly flooded by rain due to bad window isolation, but they gave us a discount of one night, so we were really happy
excellent location for young people

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel from 4th Jan to 11th Jan in this year. Over all it is a good hotel. The staff is nice, helpful and friendly. Their Wi-Fi connectivity is very good which was a great thing to me since purpose of my travel was business. It is located in a good area. Tel Aviv port is just 5 minutes by walk. There are plenty of eating options nearby including a nice Chinese restaurent (The Red Chinese Restaurent).
Now the downsides. Bath room is really small particularly the shower. There was only one wall plugg in the room and that was not near the table. So I had to use the lap top in bed. Breakfast is same everyday and it starts getting boring after a couple of days. And there is this noise in the day time due to construction activity.
Anyway I will come back back to this hotel since it is very difficult to get a decent hotel for the same price in Tel Aviv.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2011

We stayed at the Port Hotel in January 2011. I booked 2 nights in a double room but when we arrived we discovered that the room was big just as the bed... Very very little and on the ground floor (room n.30) with no space for the luggage and a little bathroom. We were unlucky because we saw other rooms were bigger.
The hotel is really cozy and warm, easy-going people are nice and helpful.
BUT: the area is the best (really the best they close the streets because of the crowd that invades the area every night) in summer while in winter the best place to stay is south centre (near Rothschild) or near Dizenghoff St.... so you'll need a taxi to go everywhere...
In the morning we were wake uo at 8am by a Pneumatic Hammer just outside our window... Works next door as the nice girl told us the night before... Yes, but LOUD as never heard!!
We were very tired because of the long journey we had throughout Israel so I decided to cancel the second night and change hotel..
The girl at the desk understood perfectly and was very nice to us...
But I repeat, I think we were just unlucky.
I must recommend you to ask the Hotel if the works are finished and then to go there in summertime...
Ask for a big room on the 1st or 2nd floor!!

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Good location, though up north of Tel Aviv, close to the port. Very helpful staff, free wi-fi, pretty new hotel so all is in a nice design and in good condition. The room was cosy, perfect.
Would definitely go back there.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2010

The thing going for this hotel is cleanliness but the rooms are very small and breakfast choice is very limited. The hotel is connected to a derelict building in a run down part of tel aviv near the water front. For an overnight stay it was fine but for a longer stay I would not recommend it to anyone and for the price even for Israel it is expensive.

Date of stay: September 2010