“Good location, basic quality, helpful staff and yummy breakfast”

A Little House in the Colony
Ranked #26 of 59 Jerusalem B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good location, basic quality, helpful staff and yummy breakfast”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The room is suoer basic, but looks clean. The location is the key to the place's success - it is situated in a tranquil and safe area of the ex-German colony, 20 min walk from the Old City and Ben Yehouda (vibrant street, check it for a cool, non-touristic restaurant!).
I stayed there for one night only, it was fine. The receptionist was super helpful, made a phone call for me to check the schedule of the places I was interested in.
I got late for the breakfast, but what I found by 12 were a few pieces of amazing nutty and tomato-olives bread and a piece of a cinnamon bun. So it was pretty out-of-the-box and tasty.
wi fi works ok.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
New York
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I would definitely stay here again. It's not fancy but the breakfast is decent, the rooms are small but comfortable, and it's very conveniently located. The staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful--even putting me up when I stumbled in at 3 am with a sudden change in travel plans.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Will763
Milano
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The hotel is in nice area, near to the Old City. The rooms are simple, but clean. I can recommend it. And I would stay here again. Only thing is that before Pesach, you cannot bring any food to the room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlenaCohen
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had an excellent stay - once again - at the Bayit Katan b'Moshava. Terrific location, great professional service at a fantastic price. You're in Jerusalem - who needs more?

Room Tip: I've only had positive experiences - so where the room is hasn't mattered to me.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerry I
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed at the Little House in the Colony for 2 nights in March.
The location is easy to find once you know where it is.
First impression is the room where the food is served, lots of light and warmth. Up the stairs the receoption is very spacious and clean. We had a room just next to the reception. I was worried the room location for us would keeep me awake but I needn't have worried about this.
The room was clea and tidy, the beds were underneath the window which had curtains but there was a draft that came through right onto my face when I was sleeping. Bathroom was a little dated but a good size so did the trick for us.
The breakfast on the first day was not so good but it was Shabbat which we expected, the second day was much better. Good variety and good coffee.
The hotel is a good 20 minute walk to the old town so can be a bit tiring especially after walking around the old town all day. Felt very safe about walking back at night though.
The reception booked a restaurant for us one night which was nice of them.
The problem we encounted when we left and asked about trains and buses was that they had no idea which was a shame. I felt this is something they should know.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple