“Nice location, poor standard.”
Review of The 7 Arches Hotel

The 7 Arches Hotel
Ranked #72 of 99 Hotels in Jerusalem
Stirling
“Nice location, poor standard.”
Reviewed 10 July 2010

This hotel was part of our package for Hajj and our visit to Jerusalem.
Hotel was in a nice location of mount of the olives or jabel e zaytun.
beautiful view of the city, from where allot of news reporters use as it has a fabulous view of the city and the Al-aqsa mosque(Dome of the Rock).
the rooms in very bad condition, no heating and the bathrooms were in poor conditions.
service was the ok.
Food wasn't too bad had a a ok selection for breakfast and dinner, not the best.
It looks like the hotel is still in the 60's, needs a good refurb.

I don't know what the cost would be as it was part of our package.
It had allot of mature customers from the US and Europe.
We stayed here for 4 nights with the group and only were in the hotel for breakfast and dinner and putting our heads down.
would i stay here again, yes if it had a refurbishment.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 27 December 2009

We have to remember that we are in another country, different culture for those that gave it less than great scores.
Actually, it wasn't 2006 that I stayed there, it was twice before, one in 2000-01 and 2003-04. Those dates weren't an option to pick.
The staff was very nice, the food was great, along with the wonderful view of what we came to see in the first place..... Israel.
I could have slept on a blanket in the street because I was thrilled to be in the land. I am glad we had the hotel instead. I think it was a very nice place and would love to go back. Also, the land is not called Palestine. It is Israel....... the land of Israel.

• Stayed December 2006
1 Thank serdlc64
Fort Lee, NJ
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Spent a few nights at the 7 Arches over Christmas. It's a fine place to stay, BUT travelers must know exactly what this hotel is. First - it's the former Inter Continental built on a Jewish cemetery during the time Jordan was in control of East Jerusalem. Second - it hasn't been touched since that time - furnishing are all from the mid- 1960's - clean but old. Third - it's in an Arab section of town and very difficult to get to the Western sections of the city. Fourth - the staff is terrific and very accomodating. Fifth - the food and restuarants are not kosher - the food is very good, but just be aware that Jewish dietary laws are not observed here. Sixth - no pool. Seventh - a fine place for Christian pilgrims - but a very poor choice for anyone else.

As I said - as long as travelers know what they're getting this can be a fine hotel and make a terrific base for a good trip to the Holy Land.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
3 Thank eilat59
Accrington (near Manchester)
Reviewed 31 May 2009

I only stayed in Palestine for 2 days but I enjoyed my short stay there very much and it was mirrored by my time spent at the 7 Arches Hotel. I was satisfied with the standard of the hotel however I think that the service could have been improved.

I was told that you could recieve free two-pin adaptors from the reception but when I asked to recieve one inorder to charge my phone, I was told that it was too late at night and that I should try in the morning. When I did so in the morning, they told me they had run out of the adaptors! I was told by the Reception staff that I couldn't buy any in the local area and would have to go into the Old City. But because we had a tour planned for the day, I was not able to go into the Old City to buy myself an adaptor! The day after that was Friday and all of the shops in the Old City were closed! So I had walked around with a dead battery for 2 whole days and unfortunately couldnt record any videos of The Temple Mount or any of the other Sites I visited in Palestine.

However, despite the Adaptor Crisis, the staff of the hotel were very friendly and welcoming. But the most spectacular thing about the 7 Arches Hotel was it's location with magical and inspiring views of the Dome of The Rock and Masjid al Aqsa!

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank AccyGuy
Bogotá
Reviewed 22 March 2008

OK.... so far the hotel isn't that bad, but the customer service is TERRIBLE.

For starters, who ever heard of charging $ 1 dollar a minute for calling a toll free line?!!?!!? God!! That simply made me mad. If you take this into account and the condecending tone of the shift manager, you get one horrible experiencie.

Yes, you have to take into consideration that for USD 70 (that's what I paid per night), you can't expect much. But after looking into the other prices within the hotel, that's where they hit you! Not in the accomodations but in everything else you might want to try.

Anyway, if your planning on staying (just to sleep in), its marginaly decent. Either way, please, do try to avoid it.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The fact that they want to charge you an arm and a leg for everything else.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travelling-guama

Travellers are raving about these Jerusalem hotels