Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Expedia.comUSD 100
Hotels.comUSD 100
eDreamsUSD 99
TravelocityUSD 100
FindHotelUSD 99
CheapTicketsUSD 100
All reviews jaffa gate fantastic location rooftop terrace temple mount major sites minute walk old city walls four nights david plumbing olives
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2020

My husband has arthritis in his ankle and was offered a walking stick when we were leaving to go to the airport. What an amazing and kind gesture! I cannot thank the staff enough for that. I think it may have been the owner of the hotel.
Also the breakfast was lovely and the staff were always attentive and very kind throughout our week long stay.
The hotel is in a fantastic location and we hope it remains in the hands of the present day owners/ renters.
We loved Jerusalem and will be back in the future .
Thank you so much for your kindness.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 15 February 2020

Family stayed one night. Fantastic location at entrance to new city. Hotel decor is really interesting. Like a museum. Rooms were nice with well renovated modern bathrooms and very good heating for cold Jerusalem night. Excellent breakfast was included. Great diversity of choices (My wife was particularly impressed). Wished we could have stayed longer and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in a twin room.

Fantastic location - right by the Jaffa Gate and opposite the Citadel/Tower of David. This makes it incredibly easy to find when you enter the city and saves you walking your bags down the stepped streets. It is only a short walk through the streets to all the major sites of the Old Town or the other city gates. Access from public transport is also good with the tram stop for the old city just a 5 minute walk away.

The room was more than adequate with a good bathroom. The breakfast was buffet style but lots of choice. The roof view over the city gives a great view of the Dome of the Rock!

Great value for money and worth staying in.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank cornish_exile83
Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

I was worried after reading some of the reviews, but this place was fine. Fantastic location. The building is beautiful and the decor in the public areas was really quite special. The room itself was no more than adequate, but we weren't paying for luxury so definitely had no complaints. Same for breakfast - adequate: you get what you pay for. The shower was steaming hot no problem at all with hot water. No problem with cleanliness. After reading reviews that said it was too noisy to get any sleep i made sure we came with ear plugs which we used and slept very well. I guess some people just love to complain.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2020

I’ve travelled for over 40 years and stayed in hundreds of hotels so I believe I can be honest, accurate and objective. This is the worst-value hotel I have ever stayed in.
On the plus side the location just inside Jaffa Gate is superb, giving quick and easy access to all parts of the Old City, which is very convenient.
On the downside, there is sadly much more to say:
1. The balcony was so small as to be unusable and most of it was occupied by an AC unit. The rooftop terrace was full of rubbish and construction material.
2. The breakfast offered a good choice but often ( we stayed three nights) they had run out of baked goods before the end.
3. The view of the TV was obscured as the room was so small that it had to be perched on top of the wardrobe!
4. No soap in dispenser or towels in the bathroom. No hot water for a shower until after 9.30am usually. When I asked Reception about this they said ‘the system could not cope with many people showering at the same time, try before lunch’! Never (over three nights) did we have any hot water in the wash basins for shaving, etc.
5. Staff unhelpful. We were in the lobby and an old lady with a large suitcase arrived. The receptionist buzzed the outside door to let her in but as the hotel has no lift and a long staircase to reception, we helped the lady with her bag up the long stairs. When we finally got her to Reception the guy there was still looking at his phone. For most of the staff this ‘can’t be bothered’ attitude was prevalent.
We paid over £250 ( $325 US and 295 Euros) per night for bed and breakfast although this was peak season in early January. At £100 per night I would have fewer complaints as generally in hotels – you get what you pay for. NOT so in the case of the New Imperial. It is extremely over-priced for what you get, even allowing for the peak season booking and great location.
As I left I gave the management written feedback, ( a summary of what is in this review) together with my name, email address and cellphone number. No surprise, I haven’t heard back. This is an old hotel that needs serious investment and refurbishment to justify the premium rates being charged. Once again, I invite the management to contest or explore any of the issues I have raised.

Date of stay: January 2020