Addar Hotel
Eldan Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
USD 220
USD 198
USD 350
Crowne Plaza Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
USD 115
Agoda.com
Mamilla Hotel(Jerusalem)
USD 649
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdamascus gateold citypita breadfour stardecent breakfastlarge bathroomhotel is locatedyogurt
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

My group leader booked in advance and payed in full for rooms for 56 people. When we got there, they only had open rooms for 46 people. The remaining 10 had to stay in different hotels every night of our trip. They did not refund us for these rooms. There was frozen bread served for breakfast each with a meat spread of sorts at this hotel :/

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Booked this hotel six weeks in advance, had my reservation printed and confirmed via hotels.com, reserved with with my creditcard. Arriving at the hotel at 9pm, tired after a LONG day of travelling with kids we get the message: no rooms available, the hotel is overbooked. We are in a busy holiday period, and the manager had re-sold our rooms for a higher price, hoping we would not show, yet they had charged my CC the full amount. Crooks!

Front desk clerk had no authority to book us in on another hotel - as he needed approval by the manager, and he could not be reached. We were helplessly stranded in their lobby for two ours, and we were not even offered something to drink.

Eventually we called hotels.com, where the booking was made, and they took care of everything. Luckily! They found a really nice hotel for us and we only paid the same amount as for the original reservation. For us it worked out great, we got a much better deal, but the risks of booking this hotel is just too high. There was only ONE hotel in the city that actually had the two family rooms we needed available... Imagine if they did not have rooms either...

We never got to see any rooms, so I cannot say anything about the standard, but we did spend two hours in the reception/lobby. The place is worn down, with wallpaper peeling off the walls the bottom 40-50cm due to moisture damage. It smells thereas aswell. We knew it was not the best when we made the reservation, but did not realize that it could be this bad. I would not recomend this place even to my worst enemies.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NorTraveller4018
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My parents were in this hotel two days ago and they had a very bad experience. Ac was not working in the room despite the summer heat. Room was very gloomy with no sunlight and toilet was broken. Hotel did not accept to refund the money paid for 10 days. Not recommended. There r better hotels around with better service.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rana D
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was a lot bigger than we expected for the price we paid, fair sized bedroom, decent sized bathroom and a living room/kitchen aswell. Good location to explore the old city, only a 5 or 10 minute walk to Damascus Gate. The breakfast was pretty basic and not a lot of choice for my son, but overall that is a minor gripe for the price we payed. Overall we enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2017

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel with a friend as part of our city break in Jerusalem. I knew what to expect from this place based on the reviews and the price I paid.
Upon arrival the man at the reception seemed a little unfriendly but helpful when we asked for some suggestions and help. The hotel looks slightly run down but clean. Our room was on the 2nd floor with a view of another hotel - but we didn't come to this hotel for the view, we just needed a place to sleep. The AC didn't really work, which made the night uncomfortable but not unbearable. The bathroom was spacious with excellent water pressure (trust me, this can be a massive problem in Israel). While we have booked a simple double room, we also had a living room area with a tiny kitchen and fridge. The latter didn't smell too good so we didn't use it.

The breakfast (as many pointed it out) is just toast, orange juice and coffee/tea but once again, I knew what to expect.

It's not a bad place for a few days if you are coming to visit the city and not to stay in the hotel. The prices are considerably less than many of the other nearby hotels so if you are on a budget but don't want to stay in a hostel, this could be the solution.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends