See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2016

if you are going to Jerusalem and want to be within easy walking distance of the walled city and garden tomb, then this hotel is ideal.
its clean enough but a bit run down and past its best. the staff were good and the breakfast passable just. but the position was excellent, 10 minutes walk to the tomb and 5 minutes further to the first walled gate

Room Tip: there is no real advantage to any room really. just treat it as a place to sleep not stay
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I feel disappointed with this hotel.I was there with my family for 11 days. The room was very small almost no space to move around, they never clean the room, the sheet was never changed only they do was put clean towels. We collect all the garbage in the plastic bag and my husband have to tell them to take it out. WiFi was good only at the lobby.The breakfast was no good.Thanks God the weather was comfortable because the AC was bad business.The only thing good is the location, you can walk all around old Jerusalem and see all the site no transportation needed.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Note at first that I am working in a big hotel supplier company and I have been in many hotels around Europe, during my visits to my customers. This hotel is out of any competition as it was the worst hotel I've ever stayed until now.

I'm not going to stay at the point that it's totally different from the photos that they have uploaded in many sites, both in B2C and B2B companies.

Apart from this, the hotel is totally outdated. And they need to reconsider the way of approaching customers. But this is not the problem.

At first, the elevator was broken and when we wanted to do the check in they told either to wait a bit or to go upstairs in the 4th floor and when it would be ready they would call us to pick our luggage, not even told that someone would carry them to the third floor, which is unexpected from a 4* Hotel. After we waited 15 minutes on the lobby they told us that the elevator would be repaired much later and we needed to go finally without staff on the 4th floor.

The wifi is the worst wifi connection ever. When you travel to a not western country as Israel and you cannot buy so easy data to have with you internet and you need to be in contact with your work and family you expect the hotel to have a descent internet. When I complained about it, they informed that there was a problem, and they will resolve, they resolved but only if you would be close to the door of the room otherwise you wouldn't be able to have connection. They can just buy antenna to spread easier the signal but they don't care about the clients for sure (and you can understand it from the replies in the comments).

Also, for a double bed (they don't have twin beds in this hotel) they have just a single duvet which is not right at all. But,as I have noticed above they just don't care and -special the general manager who shows that he cares he is just doing this in order only to show it. In every question you are doing, If its not Sabbath, they reply you, you need to ask the general manager in the morning. Then why they have 24 hours reception, only to give the keys? :D

One of the big negative of this hotel is the breakfast as well. The breakfast is consisted from pieces of toast bread (the lowest category of white bread) and three kinds of marmalade and margarine, tea and coffee and c reals with milk. Its the poorest breakfast ever. You better stop selling rooms with breakfast and you can leave it room only. All without an exception customers in the morning are wondering if this is the breakfast and all ask, and the arrogant response is that this is a continental breakfast (sorry? - have you ever eaten a continental breakfast? I guess not). And I'm so surprised because some comments here they write for perfect breakfast and perfect staff (i think TripAdvisor should check more careful if the comments are real, and if the people who write the comments have stayed there for real.

The worst thing that happened to me (after a really bad day that they stole my phone in the old city) is to return to my room and realize that they have stolen money from the safety box. When I went down to tell to the receptionist he just told me to refer it to the general manager in the next morning. The next morning when i told to the general manager, he told me that this was not easy to be happened as nobody can have my password. When I told him that there is way to open without password, he told me not possible and he laughed and he called my friend Agatha Christi ironically because she told that we had wrapped the money with hair in order to be secure. He told me that he cannot call the police in the same day because it was Sabbath, but because I didn't want to loose my time (I was there for Easter) and my mood I told him not. But i need to refer it here in order for you the next victims to be more careful and not to trust this hotel and anyone inside there. Every time they lie to your face even if they are crying in front of you.

This hotel was supposed to be 4* but seriously, the suppliers and the Ministry of Tourism they need to reconsider it, as its not even 2*.

The only good think is the location that its very close to the Herod's Gate and Damascus Gate and the spacious rooms that they need renovation for sure.

They didn't clean any of the day we stayed there, and in the bathroom was full of hairs from previous guests. The balconies were so dirty that you couldn't even stand.

If I could give an advice, just avoid this hotel if you can. I couldn't because it was Easter and everything was fully packed and this hotel its not worth even 20 euro per day.

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Koumbanakis I
Reviewed 29 April 2016

I stayed only two nights in this hotel and I must say that was a kind of nightmare !!!
in this hotel for two nights. My room was messy and was not attended both the first day and the second. When the first day I came back to the hotel after a long and tiring working day I was surprise that the bed and the room was as just as I left. Toilet and bathroom were wet, dustbins had not been emptied,
When I went to the reception enquiring what could have been the matter, they said they were busy with many pilgrims groups and the housekeepers had just left. I don’t recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Toros L
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed for two weeks and used the hotel as my base to visit Jerusalem. Accommodation was large, well furnished and I had a nice suite overlooking the gardens. Large balconies off both the bedroom and lounge. The initial thoughts on the place was it could have been dusted and more specifically hoovered! Breakfast was disappointing - only toast and choice of two cereals. Nevertheless I was happy overall considering I paid much less than the usual rate!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo