All reviews jaffa street great hotel liquid soap mr hani self service laundromat sleep with the window open happy hour cozy room old city make tea room amenities machne yehuda market previous guests complimentary water rooms are small late checkout morning breakfast
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Am still at hotel. Recieved 1st floor room facing alley. Let alone my view was the laundry of opposite apartment, we had a sleepless night due to nonstop noise echoed through alley until 330 am. Was told that hotel is fully booked and thats the "price" of being located in center.
Other facilities ok and location is central but this room and ones adjacent should be offered at reduced price.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
h8728, Guest Relations at Ibis Jerusalem City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Dear Abbypass,

Please accept our apologies regarding the noise you had to experience during the first night. I wish we had any available rooms left that day to give you a more quiet room.

As for our prices dear, usually they are very reasonable. However, you know it is a high season and prices get higher.

We are sorry if your stay was as disappointing as you have described and thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The hotel is quite newly built at a good location. Only a few minutes work from the Jaffa Centre tram station. Easy access to a bus stop that goes to the Old City if you choose not to take an easy 10-12mins walk to the New Gate of the Old City. Lots of shops and restaurants along the Jaffa Street.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check in early after the long flight since the room was already available. We had to depart the hotel at 5:30am for a local tour before the hotel's breakfast time started, the manager thoughtfully arranged meal box-to-go for us to bring along.

Breakfast buffet was great and seating area was comfortable.

Rooms are very clean and tidy. Linens and mattress were more comfortable than i expected (for an Ibis).

Kettles could be borrowed from housekeeping. Only downside is there was no minibar in the room, but still fine for us.

Thank you for making our stay at Jerusalem a comfortable and pleasant one !

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank poohavic

Dear Poohavic,

Thank you for your generous words regarding your recent stay with us. We are extremely happy to know we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

It was truly a pleasure to host you at the ibis Jerusalem city center.

We can't wait to welcome you again in the future and provide you with an unforgettable service.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Very good hotel. The breakfast looks a 5 star hotel breakfast!
Location is awesome, just in city center and a 10 minutes walk to old city.
The manager, Mr. Aharon was so helpful as well all people works there.
Very recommended hotel!!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Renato,

Thank you for your kind words and for recommending the ibis Jerusalem city center. It was truly a pleasure to host you here at the center of Jerusalem.

We are happy you enjoyed our breakfast, and many thanks on your high rating regarding the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Spent 1 night. A typical ibis room. Modern, functional, clean. The stuff is very friendly. Breakfast is a rich Israeli breakfast. The location is no less than perfect. A walking distance from main attractions.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

I arrived at the hotel at around 15:30 and the receptionist was nice and friendly (Nadine). I took my keys and went to my room, it was on the 6th floor with a nice view of Jaffa St.

The room itself was smaller than expected. It's fine if you're travelling solo but for a couple it might be a little too small.

The TV in the room is pretty good, with an option to connect my Samsung to it. It had lots of channels though, which is good. (Channels are mostly in Hebrew, English and there are a few channels also in German and French).
The room as I said was a little small with NO drawers, or closets, it's all open-space.

They had a complimentary happy hour with free orange juice, vodka-lemon and snacks. I had a few, and I really liked this concept. The girl working at the bar was SUPER professional and nice. (Daria? I think?).
I tried ordering room service but they didn't have it available, and I had to go to the bar and order there (The food was really good, though).

I came in at night after I lost my key and Ruth was kind enough to help me! She was very nice and friendly.

Now the less-great stuff:
I didn't have slippers in my room. But I did call the reception and they had someone from housekeeping come up and bring it.
I had a problem in my bathroom also, but also had that fixed.

The BIGGEST problem was the following:
I went down to the reception t ask for a wake-up call (After I tried calling them for 5 times), and the receptionist (Maya) was there ALL ALONE dealing with a problematic customer. Her manager (I think, it was an older woman in a room behind the reception) came and tried to help her, didn't even glance in my direction. Just because you're a manager doesn't mean you can walk in and out of the reception (also-- a friend/employee of hers came and she left everything she's doing and started talking to him, and then she just left).

I waited another 10 minutes until Maya was available and then she helped me (she was also very lovely).

The bed was VERY comfortable.
The shelves were a little dusty but that didn't really effect the experience.

Unfortunately, I overslept and didn't go to breakfast, maybe next time!

Tips for improvement: The managers should be more aware of their surroundings and what happens. If you see your receptionists (who all deserve a raise!) busy fixing a problem-- please look around and see if there are any guests who need service.

See you soon!

Room tip: maybe get the big room with sofa
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends