All reviews outdoor pool public areas reading room wine bar healthy food garden room fitness room spent nights mediterranean sea beautiful view breakfast and dinner treatment iberotel israel classes relaxation tennis
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Stayed at the hotel for two nights. Food was extremely delicious, room was clean and organized, spa was relaxing and staff were the nicest. No kids allowed and phones are not permitted outside of rooms- which means that the hotel is always quiet!
The only ONE thing that could be improved is the fact that there is nothing to eat after 10:30pm. If you get hungry at night, you should make sure you bring snacks from home. However, even though they do not serve food at night, staff went out of their way to make sure we had something to eat.
Besides that, everything about this hotel is absolutely perfect. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank Gaia A
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Really enjoyed our one night stay at the Spa. It unusual to find such a beautiful kosher spa with great food and amenities. I did not have any problem with the management as alluded to in many reviews and any of our needs (including request for Glatt Kosher meals) were promptly and politely addressed. The rooms, spa services and grounds were beautiful. The food was creative and nicely presented. Really recommend for a relaxing and romantic get-away.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I loved the idea of being able to go to a spa and being able to eat there (as we keep kosher). The food was good and nicely presented although the selection was limited (besides the large salad buffet). I would have loved to get a cup of coffee early in the AM before breakfast but one needed to have the waiter get this for you. There is a synagogue on the premises (although we barely scraped together a minyan). The spa treatments book up quickly and I would advise booking them prior to your arrival. You need to make dinner reservations. The time to call for these reservations opens at 4. I would advise calling around 4 as calls later will give you the only the earliest and latest times. The gym was adequate and the indoor pool was nice. The trails outside yielded nice vistas and they provide you with a map and water.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

We just got back from a two night stay at the Carmel Forest Sp after not visiting for several years. We have been going to this hotel since it opened over twenty years ago and I was amazed at how well it has been kept up, both in terms of the facilities (the room was in perfect condition, all the public areas felt brand new, and the spa facilities looked like they had just been opened) and the level of the service. (Anytime we called the front desk for something, it came immediately) If anything, the service and the food were better than ever. This is quite an accomplishment. My husband and I are total spa hounds and the treatments were excellent (reflexology, deep tissue and hot stone.) The hotel had a nice quiet vibe, with lots of teas, herbal drinks, a fire in the fireplace, well kept walking trails, plenty of towels by the pool and sauna, and NO ONE yelling into their cellphones. The food was healthy but with interesting touches (in fact we bought the cookbook.) And the service in the restaurant was friendly and quick. I am completely confused by the negative reviews on this site, since I am a fairly demanding traveller. Just so you don't think I'm getting paid off to write this - the bed could have been larger (it was a queen size, not a king) and it is a pricey venue. Yes, I know, one doesn't have to do a million treatments or shop at the store, but that's the fun part, isn't it? At any rate - you can make this a cheaper visit by waiting for a special deal, and keeping yourself down to one massage.

Room tip: Best rooms are on the fifth floor (the Oren Suites) or the first floor (garden rooms)
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Located in the middle of the Carmel forest reserve, Israel's first health-spa hotel is not living up to the hype. There was no special 'vibe' or atmosphere, just a quiet, nice, outdated place.

Rooms are spacious and clean, views are lovely but the design is outdated, lighting is poor and chairs and sofas are not comfortable. Shower is great, toiletries and amenities very good but were not refreshed during daily cleanup. It was nice to receive a complimentary cookie box, but we'd rather have it waiting in the room than having to answer the door an hour or so after check in.

The gym is well equipped, indoor pool great but outdoor pool is a bit on the far side. Classes are few and for health reasons we couldn't try them. Too bad the only walk around the grounds was a moderate 5k walk and no easier option existed.

Food was OK but not as lavish as in other Isrotel hotels, some was mediocre or underseasoned, some very good. I did not enjoy my meals as much as I did in Kramim or Mitspe Ha'Yamim. Saturday lunch seemed like Friday night's leftovers....

But the most annoying thing was the mediocre service. While very friendly, it was unprofessional - at breakfast, waiters struggled with drinks and eggs orders and those took a long time. During dinner it was the opposite and our entrees were served not 10 mins after we started eating the appetizers. Worse part was Saturday morning, when somehow hot water makers did not work and no solution was found for over 2 hours... so no hot drinks nor any apology other than 'it aint working'.

We did enjoy our vacation because we liked the quiet and managed to relax and overlook most of those issues. We will not return, however, because at this price -- we can go to much better place, including by Isrotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dora B