All reviews outdoor pool public areas relaxing vacation reading room wine bar healthy food garden room fitness room bottom line spent nights mediterranean sea salad beautiful view breakfast and dinner treatment iberotel israel
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Located in the middle of the Carmel forest reserve, Israel's first health-spa hotel is not living up to the hype. There was no special 'vibe' or atmosphere, just a quiet, nice, outdated place.

Rooms are spacious and clean, views are lovely but the design is outdated, lighting is poor and chairs and sofas are not comfortable. Shower is great, toiletries and amenities very good but were not refreshed during daily cleanup. It was nice to receive a complimentary cookie box, but we'd rather have it waiting in the room than having to answer the door an hour or so after check in.

The gym is well equipped, indoor pool great but outdoor pool is a bit on the far side. Classes are few and for health reasons we couldn't try them. Too bad the only walk around the grounds was a moderate 5k walk and no easier option existed.

Food was OK but not as lavish as in other Isrotel hotels, some was mediocre or underseasoned, some very good. I did not enjoy my meals as much as I did in Kramim or Mitspe Ha'Yamim. Saturday lunch seemed like Friday night's leftovers....

But the most annoying thing was the mediocre service. While very friendly, it was unprofessional - at breakfast, waiters struggled with drinks and eggs orders and those took a long time. During dinner it was the opposite and our entrees were served not 10 mins after we started eating the appetizers. Worse part was Saturday morning, when somehow hot water makers did not work and no solution was found for over 2 hours... so no hot drinks nor any apology other than 'it aint working'.

We did enjoy our vacation because we liked the quiet and managed to relax and overlook most of those issues. We will not return, however, because at this price -- we can go to much better place, including by Isrotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dora B
Reviewed 2 November 2017

What this hotel needs is better management. Inconsistency to me is a sign of poor management. First the good: lovely location (though if you're a bit queezy about driving on a steep winding mountain road without guardrails don't drive at night for sure) with nice grounds and facilities. Food is good though not outrageous. For example, breakfast, while quite elaborate, has basically only one hot dish (a choice of omelets). No pancakes, french toast, hot cereal, or other assorted delicacies I've had at other Israeli hotels. The main course at dinner (which supposedly you're entitled to only one, after an unlimited salad bar) is rather small; the first night I was actually still hungry and the waiter did bring me a second portion. We were told to make a reservation for dinner when we checked in; we were NOT told to plan far in advance! When we called at 6 pm to make the reservation we were told the first available slot was at 9:30! We arrived for a two-day stay; there were no appointments available for a facial except early in the morning. When we complained we were told that people "know" to make massage reservations when they book their room in advance of arrival at the hotel. I guess first timers like us lose out. The stationary bicycle in the fitness room was not properly maintained; the seat was wobbly. For the prices they charge, someone should be checking and maintaining the machines regularly. A bulb was out in the bathroom lights; ditto. Phone conversations are not allowed except in certain places. We had a problem with our rental car and received a call back from the company in one of these restricted locations; we were NOT told nicely that phone calls are not allowed by the attendant. On the other hand, when we arrived and the valet saw my car was low in gas, he offered to drive the car to the nearest gas station (8 km away) and get it filled up. Some of the dining room staff were great, others passable. Lastly, if you're not comfortable being hemmed in by flowers (and bees), don't take a garden room; the flowers also block any view of the beautiful surroundings

Room tip: reserve massage when you book the hotel; plan your dinner reservation early; see above regarding garden room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

The service, even by Israeli standards, was well below the quality of the hotel itself and the premium pricing they charge. I would be hard pressed to want to repeat a visit here. It’s too bad because the grounds and the rooms are quite nice. It was not simply that the service was inattentive but that the employees from housekeeping that banged on the door despite a dnd sign to a bartender that ignored us to the checkout experience with a grossly understaffed desk and a line of people waiting.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank waynew732
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Just back from an amazing stay at the Carmel Forest Spa resort.
As a returning guest at the resort for ten years now, I can say that this resort is constantly in innovation, the management is down to every detail looking to make sure its guests enjoy relaxation & nothing but pure perfection.
can't wait for my next visit!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I am a tour guide and most of my life I am staying in hotels all over Israel. Twice a year I am having my private vacation. This year I have chosen again Carmel Forest Spa Resort. It is a great place to stay at. Since I know how it works from the back side - I see the professionalism of the place. From the first moment you get to the hotel – the check in – in such a peaceful environment at the Lobby of the hotel. The dining room, the great food in a quality of Chef Restaurant. Everything was perfect. I would to add that in the first day I didn't feel very well and even the maids that came to clean the room were concerned and offered me water, tea or whatever I need. And checked after how I feel.
Highly recommend on this hotel it is worth every penny that you pay.

Room tip: you need a car to get to the hotel
Date of stay: September 2017