“Good. But...”
Review of Aqua Sport

Aqua Sport
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Overall, this was really quite a good experience.
It may be that the main thing Aqua Sport Eilat has going for it is in Taba. It is always difficult to say for any given day if the diving is better on the Sinai side. But, the general consensus seems to be that it is.

In any case, without exception, the personnel in Egypt are superb. They really take care of everyone. It does get a bit crowded at times, especially over a holiday weekend. But I don't see how Aqua Sport people could accommodate groups of divers better. Please be prepared to tip those guys. They deserve it.

As a result, a very significant part of the Aqua Sport business in Eilat is sending people across the border to its operation in Taba, Egypt.

Unfortunately, there are problems on the Israeli side.

Here are the three "buts":

First, getting across the border can be a trying, tiring and, on busy weekends, a long process, i.e. an hour, or two or more, each way. If you are going over with your own diving gear, be prepared for lots of walking, waiting in line and lots of bag searches. It is exhausting.

Second, though Aqua Sport drives you to the border the morning, you are on your own after the diving. On one day the boat and, therefore, the diving was delayed for several hours. So, I did not get back across the border to Israel until nearly 9:00 PM. It was well into darkness and no taxis in sight for more than half an hour. I was beginning to think I was going to spend the night at the roadside. Not a pleasant thought. I was incensed that Aqua Sport left me in that lurch.
Everyone seems to think that taxis are always nearby here and readily available. This may be true, except when you need one.

Third, because the water is so clear and warm and the marine life so varied and abundant, everyone makes two or three dives, usually with an hour or less surface intervals. Nearly every dive reaches twenty or more meters depth.
In my opinion, this makes the use of a dive computer just about as essential as a face mask, unless you are a fish or dolphin.

Before I dove with Aqua Sport, I went with one of their competitors in Eilat. In both cases, I rented full dive equipment which, at the competitor, included a dive computer. At Aqua Sport I was told "All over the world, full equipment does not include a dive computer." (That is an exact quote.) I knew that was not true even all over Eilat. And they didn't have one to rent. And they did not have Nitrox available. (I had done Nitrox training earlier in the week with the competitor, and liked it very much, especially for multi dive days.)

Bottom line, diving in Taba with Aqua Sport is great, but involves substantial hassle. Perhaps most importantly, bring your own dive computer.

Finally, I must reiterate how great the boat and dive crew were in Taba.

All reviews
"sea"
in 3 reviews
"egypt"

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This is a very professional outfit. Great instructors for young and old and those who need refreshers. The beach is lovely. Well maintained and clean. Very nice food too. Clean, simple and fresh. Warmly recommended for the whole family.

Management response:Responded 10 September 2017

Hi Shelley

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Aqua Sport. All the team at Aqua Sport really appreciate feed back from our divers. We hope to welcome you and your family back to Aqua Sport soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I was diving with my israeli friend and our guide in a sunny morning. I was completly fascinated with the coral reefs and the water visibility . In the summer , the temperature of the water is perfect to refresh the body, so i was really excited because it was my first dive in the red sea. Aquasport have a nice stuff and great people working with them.

Management response:Responded 24 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Aqua Sport.We are very pleased that you enjoyed your scuba experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back at Aqua Sport.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

First time divers- aged 8-45
We each got a personal guide, all were super patient and attentive to each divers needs.
Got to see tons of beautiful fish and corals.
Highly recommended

Management response:Responded 7 July 2017

We are very happy that you all enjoyed your Aqua Sport experience. We hope to welcome you back to Aqua Sport in the future - maybe for scuba diving courses !