2,512 results
All reviewsdirect access to the beachdining roombusiness loungeprivate beachvip loungehalf boardbreakfast and dinnerpool areasea viewfamily vacationdelicious foodsaladpromenadeclaudeisraelmallseashore
Reviewed 25 February 2018

I stayed at the Leonardo Plaza Hotel in Eilat for an Israeli weekend (Friday and Saturday). The first thing I noticed when I checked in was the hotel property was well maintained and the lobby was spotless. The front desk was polite, but the check-in process wasn't particularly efficient (it seemed rather manual to me). I was happy when they informed me that parking is free. The second thing I noticed was that there were mobs of Russian tourists drinking heavily in the lounge.

When I got to my room, I noticed it was clean but everything seemed dated. Instead of a queen, I had two twin mattresses pushed together. The bathroom seemed antique with the standard narrow European elevated tub and 1970s fixtures. The desk was too small and crowded to comfortably use with my laptop. Everything functioned as intended, nonetheless. The flat screen TV, however, was modern and had a decent selection of channels in English.

Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was good with a huge variety. The problem is that it is so crowded that it can be like a pinball machine walking through the crowds of people. Be warned that there are a lot of screaming children and the Saturday breakfast is a bit spartan since it is their sabbath.

From what I saw, all rooms had a view to the Red Sea. Each had a balcony, including mine, that had space for 3-4 people to stand comfortably. There was no patio furniture on the balcony so you'd have to drag a chair out to sit. The location of the Leonardo Plaza was great though - it's situated dead in the middle of the promenade (or whatever the boardwalk is called). The pool facilities were nice with a large pool and deck that had a large capacity with a gate opening directly to the promenade. The beach on the other side of the promenade was a small, rocky patch: I'm not sure it is worth it to lay on the beach outside of a swim in the Red Sea.

Overall, the Leonardo Plaza Eilat is a decent hotel with a great location. The rooms and facility are dated but in good condition. I enjoyed my time there. This is a family-oriented hotel, so I would consider other options if you are looking for something more adult or romantic.

Room Tip: I prefer a room on the top floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
mercedes b, Public Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on the site following your stay at the Leonardo Plaza Eilat.
I was extremely pleased to read to read that you appreciate our Hotel and all the facilities and location that the hotel offer
Your kind remarks and gratitude will be relayed to the relevant hotel staff and management .
look forward to offering you a warm welcome on your next visit to our Hotel.
Until then, thank you once again.
Best regards ,

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We have been on a retired people congress there . The hotel is very comfortable but the only question that I have is why we have to wait on a long queue before we could go for the meals on their dinning room.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Meir P
mercedes b, Public Relations Manager at Leonardo Plaza Hotel Eilat, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending your time to communicate your impressions following your recent stay with us.
Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience regarding the time to enter to the dinning room .
For the convenience of guests we have 2 seats in the dining room to choose from in order not to wait in line
and recommend our guests to choose the second seat.
We look forward to hosting you once again as a returning and satisfied guest in our Hotel.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 16 February 2018

stayed in august - wrote to the hotel our bad experience - concerning food nothing for diabetes or food before shabbat go to the first course if not you won't have food left- at swimming pool people jumping from places forbidden - people bringing alcohol getting drunk and nobody did anything - staff at the reception very rude with guest - and with all this the guest department don't come back to you - now they are doing some renovations hope that with the staff too - very disappointing

Stayed: August 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for spending your time to communicate your impressions following your stay with us ןn August .
our sincere apologies for any inconvenience regarding the food for diabete ' our chef de cuisine have a big choise you just have to let him know .
The Management and staff are very sensitive and attentive to the needs of our guests and makes everything to please each guest until his entire satisfaction .
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 14 February 2018

It was the first time we stayed in this hotel but we will certainly return. The reservation online staff was very helpful and when we arrived the reception desk personnel was also very nice. The room is either new or very well kept and our request for an additional bed was done quickly and the bed was very comfortable. If you can ask for a room with a view to the pool and the Red Sea do it, it makes all the difference. The bathroom is large and clean. The dinner was very good, with plenty of choices for adults and children. The breakfast was great, with many choices and very good service. The staff were happy to accommodate requests for gluten-free and sugar-free foods. The hotel is located in the middle of the boardwalk and you can go by foot anywhere with all stores, restaurants and pubs close by. We mentioned it was my birthday and received a very nice gift of wine and fruit in the room. Perfect.

Room Tip: pool side, beach view
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest ,
Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Tripadvisor. We believe that our Leonardo Plaza service creates unforgettable moments for our guests and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your noting some of the highlights of your memorable visit with us , writing that “Perfect Eilat Vacation ”.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon with your family for a vacation in our Hotel .
With my very best regards ,

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff excellent service. The staff was willing to help and make our stay pleasant. Variety of plenty food for almost all tastes.
The hotel is in the heart of the city which makes it very easy to reach your destinations in few minutes.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest ,
We would like to thank you for writing such a nice and positive review about the Leonardo Plaza Eilat during your stay.
Our first priority is to make our guests feel comfortable, so it is a real pleasure to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our Hotel and you particularly appreciated and highlight the very friendly friendly staff .
Your kind comments and gratitude will be relayed to the hotel staff and the management.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon .
Until then, thank you once again.
Best regards ,