All reviewsthe ownerthe busturkeyroof terraceturkish breakfastalperselmastationephesusizmirruinsolives
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed at Nazar hotel for three nights in mid October. The hotel location is very good and central. They provide free transportation to Ephesus and have free wifi with good connection. Staff is great and breakfast was fantastic. Walls are pretty thin and this sucks if you are next to a family with a crying baby as we were but I guess the hotel can't do much about that. The shower was hot and powerful which is a big deal to me. No soap was provided however. My main criticism is that for the dinners they refused to serve the food downstairs and it was uncomfortably cold on the terrace. The pay dinner was really good though and worth it. We had it both nights it was available. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My traveling friend and I stayed at the hotel on 10nov11. We called the hotel from the Otogar and within 5 minutes, the owner was there to pick us up. The rooms are clean, perhaps even a little too sparse, and being that it was November (and cold in the morning and night) the pool was closed as well as the kitchen. Breakfast is served on the roof top terrace. I'm a budget traveler, so my requirements are few: safe location, clean sheets and clean hotel, non smoking (all of Turkey is non smoking, yeah), free wifi, and really hot water. I gave only 4 stars because the water was not hot enough for me and the kitchen was closed being off season and I had heard very good things about their food.
At breakfast, Lily, a family friend will be your driver to Ephesus and will tell you about her carpet business, in a no pressure manner.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We received a recommendation from a friend to stay at Nazar while we went to visit Ephesus. The hospitality and overall care that we received was unmatched. The breakfast was terrific, they introduced us to the best restaurant in the old town (and actually walked us there in person).
They treated us like family from the moment we stepped in the door, and can't say enough about their hospitality!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This hotel is in a super location, a stones throw away from the central of town.

We were picked up from the bus and arrived at the hotel within 5 mins (it's quicker to walk then drive!) stayed in a room with twin singles (no doubles- grr) but room was clean and offered all we needed.

Pool in backyard was perfect after a big day sight seeing.

We felt a bit awkward not eating there for dinner after being asked 2-3 times a day if we were going to...Breakfast was fantastic, very fresh.

Would go back, great location & very clean. Also, they have a bathroom downstairs that you can use after you've checked out so it was great to leave our bags there, go out/laze at the pool and then get changed etc before getting on the bus for our next journey.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Clean rooms, peaceful courtyard and pool. Good food and great rooftop dining. Very helpful and friendly staff. Downtown & St John Cathedral ruins just a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple