“Great Hotel with Superb Customer Service”
Review of Hotel Bella

Hotel Bella
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Selcuk
Reviewed 7 September 2012

The owners of this gem will do just about anything to help their visitors, including running you up and back to Ephesus at no charge. They do run a carpet shop next door and will try to sell you a carpet, but are not pushy about it. The terrace restaurant is a real highlight with excellent food. Rooms are small but clean. Location is near major Selcuk sights and a few km from Ephesus. We did have a lukewarm shower in the morning and the a/c was a little noisy.

1  Thank duggem

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Lovely hotel right across from St Jean's Basilica and walls of the old Aqueduct on which storks nests are located. Beautiful ample rooftop terrace. Breakfast is good - not buffet but defined portions. Vegetable meze-type lunch. No problems with parking spots - plenty. Although on a noisy street going uphill - good soundproof windows allow you to have good sleep. Good AC.
Our room was quite small and had an extra single bed (not requested). We did not make a big deal out of it although would've preferred to have extra space. We used it to put our stuff on...
Decor is Ottoman style throughout, there are very nice pieces but in a small room - little overwhelming, made it feel stuffy...
Overall - very good impression, good price and free shuttle to Ephesus is a big plus.
Highly recommend.

1  Thank Piramidon
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My husband and I had the great pleasure of staying at hotel bella while on a visit to Ephesus. During our time in Turkey, this was by far our favorite spot. We walked from the bus station, very easy, and were greeted warmly. Our room was nicely decorated and spacious enough with a great airconditioner and free wifi. Our host Nazmi met us at the rooftop terrace and while we waited were offered a drink. He gave us information about the hotel as well as the services they offered for trips to Ephesus. We knew we wanted a private guide and Nazmi set this up for us. The terrace itself may be the best spot in all of Selcuk. It enjoys wonderful breezes and is fantastic at dinner time, the food is great as well. We also got to visit the rug shop just beneath the hotel and after Nazmi told us about them, we purchased one. The price was incredibly fair, we visited Istanbul afterwards and were beyond glad to have bought from Nazmi. I cant wait to return and spend some more time here! If you are in Selcuk, this is the place to stay.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I arrived in Selcuk on July 13, 2012 for a 2 night stay at the Hotel Bella while visiting Ephesus. Of course I apparently chose the hottest weekend of the year. I took the free Atlasjet shuttle from Izmir airport and was dropped off approx. 100 yards from the hotel. The hotel is a short distance down (actually up) a side street off the main drag. The side the hotel is on is a row of buildings while the opposite side is an open area with several “ruins” including an aqueduct and the Basilica of St. John. I stepped into the lobby and was greeted by a smiling woman with a British accent. Check in was simple and easy and I ran upstairs to check out my room and wash up a bit. I was given room #5 on the second floor. The room was directly over the entrance to the hotel. The room was very clean and well appointed. It was small however, with pretty much room for the bed and little else. The bathroom was also small though again, recently remodeled and very clean. The bed was comfortable and the a/c worked very well. In the 100 plus degree heat, it was much appreciated. After dropping off my luggage, and wiping myself down, I went down to the lobby for an introduction to the place. The woman at the check in desk was very helpful as was the older gentleman who gave me a number of suggestions. He told me that they would be happy to provide round trip transportation to the House of Mary that evening at 5:00 for 10 lira. He also informed me that they would provide free transportation to and from the city of Ephesus tomorrow departing at 9:00 and returning at noon. He also described the other sites that were all within walking distance; the Basilica of John, The city gate, the Mosque and the Temple of Artemis. It was now almost 3:00. He suggested that I visit these sites tomorrow afternoon after Ephesus and that I head down to the City Museum for a quick visit. His suggestion was perfect. The museum was a short 10 minute walk from the hotel and was easily toured in little more than a hour. I even had time to stop in a very nice tea garden along the way that served cold beer in frosted glasses!!! I returned to the hotel for my 5:00 excursion. I apparently was the only guest going that evening. They took me up the long and windy road to the shrine and told me that they would wait for me and that it shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes. It didn’t. I walked through the site twice and browsed the gift shop all within 25 minutes. When we returned to the hotel I was exhausted and starving. I went up to the terrace mentioned by so many other visitors. The terrace was great. One side had a huge sofa pit with a TV and fireplace, while the other side had chairs and tables for dining. The views were fantastic. There were two huge nests of storks directly across the street and the various ruins were amazing when seen from above. I ordered a beer and sat back to enjoy the views and the birds. I was resting on the terrace when the manager asked me if I would like to have dinner there. They had a four course dinner for only 25 lira. I agreed and enjoyed probably the best meal I had in Turkey. It included soup, salad, 2 mezes, entrée and dessert. I was stuffed. I sat enjoying the views until I retired.
Breakfast the next morning was also served on the terrace. The breakfast consisted of eggs cooked to order, a plate of mixed cheese/fruit and fresh bread served with several jams. It was delicious. Given eth heat and the long day of touring ahead I was careful not to overindulge. Promptly at 9:00, several of the hotel guests gathered in the lobby for the free shuttle to Ephesus. Before departing we were provided with tour guides of the site and general suggestions on how to best enjoy our time. We were dropped off at the “top” of Ephesus and told to meet the van at the parking lot at noon. As promised, they were waiting for all of us at the “bottom”. After returning to the hotel I followed the owner’s suggestion and walked across the street to tour St. John’s and then down the street to the mosque and the Temple. It was easy to get around.
This hotel stay was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had in my travels. The positive attitude/guidance of the hotel workers, the perfect location of the hotel and the marvelous history in the area made it very special. I would not hesitate to recommend the Hotel Bella.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nuggetboy
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed in five hotels in Turkey, and the Bella Hotel was our family's favorite. Stylish furnishings, lovely veranda for eating/viewing, good food (especially range of meals good for vegetarians) and helpful staff (including a helpful free shuttle to and from Epheus ruins). No TV in rooms, but big screen in the veranda area. Good town for exploring. Classy store on site for rugs, tiles and more.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selcuk
0.2 km away
Hotel Nazar
Hotel Nazar
#5 of 34 in Selcuk

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Selcuk

Been to Hotel Bella? Share your experiences!