All reviews the bus turkey two brothers rooftop terrace no elevator selcuk castle breakfast room two nights the location is perfect breakfast was delicious small town triple room family run rooms are small visit ephesus john's basilica cem
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Urkmez for one night and felt very welcome from the beginning. The staff are incredibly hospitable, speak good English and are willing to offer advise about things to do in Selcuk. When I arrived I was quite sick with a lung infection and the owners were very helpful, recommending a doctor and helping me get to the clinic.

Our bathroom was a bit past it's prime but we had good views and a comfortable bed.
If you are looking for an affordable place with a warm atmosphere and a good location I would highly recommend Urkmez.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Merang
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I after looking for many options for staying in Selçuk at the end we decided to stay in this little hotel in the heart of Selçuk.

Let me tell you that it was the BEST OPTION we took, as soon as we arrived to the train station from Izmir it only took us 5 minutes to arrive to the hotel, it is just next to the Aqueduct and in a very convenient location, basically is close TO EVERYTHING, just 5 min walking distance from the bus station to go to Kuşadası, Ephesus, Şirince, etc, to every restaurant, etc.

The staff was AMAZING! Even though we arrived before the check in time to our hotel they already had our room ready and available so we were able to go rest for a little bit and refresh before going to the main places.

They really helped us a lot on finding everything around by giving us a map and marking the places where we wanted to go.

Definitely the best place to stay at with few clean and comfortable rooms, great views and quiet.

We got the opportunity of getting a room with a stunning view, we had right in front of us the Castle and next to us the aqueduct, so every morning after waking up the first thing we used to do was opening the curtains and take a look outside to admire the views.

Next time we go to Selçuk we will be staying here again, we won't even look for a different hotel, this is our place :)).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank berenice r
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Cem and Cuneyt are the angels and stars of this hotel which visitors can get almost everything during the trip. The hotel is comfortable, strategically located, quiet place, clean, simple but beautifully decorated, feeling like home, good breakfast (they serve filtre coffee! Good coffee is rare in Selcuk!). The additional point is the generousity and friendliness of them. I got all the info I needed, Cem Bey arranged the trip to Priene Miletus and Didyma with two other travelers while it wasn't easy to find regular PMD tour these days. Their hospitality is truly endless!

Room Tip: third floor with good view to the castle or city center
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

In the city of Selcuk, the 3rd region where I've visited in Turkey, Urkmez Hotel is where I've stayed for a night. Situated within the main city centre, you can easily laze and stroll around and see the beautiful quiet historic city (the Selcuk Castle and the Ephesus Museum is just a stone-throw away!) And my stay even gets better when nighttime came, my beautiful hotel room complemented the serenity of the place.

Thanks to the hotel staff (especially to Cuynet) for the wondeful experience) - plus of course the magical tour experience to the ancient city of Ephesus.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Roy F
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Located in the historical centre of the city, at 5 minutes walking from St. John's Basilica, it is a little and pleasant hotel. The rooms are nice and very clean. Maybe the bathrooms should have a little upgrade, but nothing to warry about.
From the breakfast terrace, the view is great, directly to the medieval citadelle. Delicious turkish style breakfast. And most of all, the owners are very kind and helpfull.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family