USD 200
USD 295
USD 166
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 235/night.

Sirkeci Mansion(Istanbul)
USD 157
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
USD 177
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Oryapark(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
USD 85
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)
USD 145
USD 445
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree shuttleturkeyshuttle servicebreakfast includedthe wi fistaying at this hotelspecial thanksyogurtthe hotel stafftaxi30tlconvenienceensuiteneighborhood
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I had the misfortune to choose this place for a one night layover in Istanbul. To be frank, you'd do better to sleep in the airport as Turkish immigration is anarchic and you'll almost certainly need a visa.

If you can't work out how to get the hotel shuttle then you'll need a taxi and, guess what, the taxi drivers don't know where the hotel is and the traffic around the airport is gridlocked during most reasonable hours. It's not exactly close to the airport and nor does the hotel command the skyline, so you won't see it until you are right at it.

So you get to this dreary excuse of an hotel and the welcome is friendly enough BUT they then tell you that the shuttles to the airport don't start till 6am, which means that you'll need a taxi unless you are flying after 8:30am - OK it's only 20TL, but do they know where they are going?

Breakfast also doesn't start till 6am and the wifi wasn't working when I was there. The décor is 1980's brown and there's a noisy bar across the road. The bed only has thin sheets and no blanket and the aircon stops during the night so you'll wake up feeling way too warm. The fixtures have seen better days and the shower, whilst powerful had wonky fittings and a shower head that kept slipping down the retaining bar.

In a word : AVOID! (also avoid one night layovers in Turkey)

Room Tip: Take pot luck - you will be disappointed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Inspector_More
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I booked this hotel for a night in Istanbul because Turkish airlines offered only one option of either the tour or a hotel accommodation when I had 23 hours stay over in Istanbul airport. I had no idea that the hotel has free shuttle from airport only every 2 hours. I came out of the airport before 9 pm and waited outside the arrival gate for the shuttle. Then I saw the shuttle passing from the other end of the street like a rocket. I have no phone or the airport does not provide any phone once you are out of the arrival gate and nobody gives any right information about where to stand for this particular or any hotel shuttle, they do not have any particular stand for all hotel shuttles. I had to walk with my luggage to finally find a place and after 2 hours when the shuttle came, it was again not stoping, I had to scream and wave hands for the driver to stop and get me. If they are offering free shuttle service, they should do it in a better way to help the guests.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I have been staying at this hotel for short business trips for a few years. So far, the experiences are good.
Beds are comfortable and toilet is very clean and modern. We did have some issued on the a/c upon getting in our room but it was quickly solved.
The room itself is small, it is going to be a bit challenging for people with big luggage bags. Anyway, we had everything we need in the room and had a good nights sleep.

They also have free shuttle bus to the airport, but I would advise you to wait for the bus earlier at the lobby to avoid missing your shuttle. If you do miss your shuttle, the reception can help you to call a taxi, which will not cost too much to get to the airport.

My only problem with this hotel is their breakfast.. i did not enjoy their breakfast because there isn't much of the breakfast spread that is of my taste. :P

Will I still come back? Yes I will :)

Room Tip: High floors will be less noisy
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2017

I booked three rooms here between 16-21 for my mother and I I to accompany my nephew who was to undergo Hair Transplant Treatment at the Florence Nightingale Hospital in Sisi, Istanbul. Although the hospital was quite far away (23 km east) I chose convenience for flights and greater security over convenience to the hospital.

The hotel is less than 15 minutes from the airport terminal. DON'T do as I did and take an airport transfer from the airport transfer kiosks. It's much cheaper to use a normal yellow taxi (cost by transfer to hotel at 23:00 was 80tl, coming back was only 30tl at 05:00). The hotel offers a free transfer mini-bus service but was unfortunately outside my travel times.

The reception area was modern and pleasant and check-in was easy. Nearly all of the hotel staff spoke good English and every member of staff was very friendly, polite and helpful.

I booked three rooms and all of them were very good. Modern, quite spacious, with a free safe, en-suite and a very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Our only complaint with the rooms was that they were always too warm. The air-conditioning wasn't the best and if a window was opened (which even then didn't help much) it was quite noisy from outside.

Breakfast was excellent and very similar to the kind of breakfast you'd find in Italy - choice of breads, cold meats, scrambled and boiled eggs, cereals, juice, coffee/tea/water, salads, yogurt. Lots to eat and all fresh and tasty.

The (North Shield) bar is very much like an old British pub - tartan carpet, comfortable chairs, corniced ceilings with stained glass features and lots of attractive ornaments - a pleasant place to eat, drink a pint and relax - although the adjacent awning (smoking area) is more noisy with local young people who gather here and listen to euro pop music. Istanbul University is on the same street, you see. There is a great selection of food here and on our last night we enjoyed a combination of three traditional Turkish meals shared between us. I cannot recall the names of the dishes but the food was gorgeous nevertheless.

Between reception and the bar there are comfortable chairs and sofas where I would sit and relax with a book to read. It was always nice and cool there.

All told, it was a very pleasant stay at the Ramada Encore. Spotlessly clean, friendly service, good food and close to the airport. If you need to go to Istanbul and want to be near the airport then this hotel is a good choice.

Two other things!! The wi-fi is the best I've used in any hotel and in addition to that, the reception has two laptops connected to a printer. So guests can surf the internet for free and can use them to check-in flights and print off boarding passes. Excellent!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nessy
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I booked 5 rooms for a night as it is very close to the airport as my flight is on the day after at night which should be very neat and convenience to be. Unfortunately, it was not at all, while I did contacted the hotel and told them about my flight from Trabzon to Istanbul as it has a shuttle service and free of charge. What they respond is that there is a bus shuttle every two hours and if our flight is not on they time pf the bus we have to find another way either to order Uper or to pay 10$ per person to the hotel to take us to the hotel.

Once I get in my room it was like a "Sawna" heated the "AC" is not working. No one solved the problem from 5 p.m. Until 1:30 in the midnight. At the end I have been transferred to an upper room in a special need room which has very dirty and worn blanket. It was disgusting.

The good things about are, the concierge service and the breakfast. Other than this it was not that good.

The hard thing we faced is when we order Uper, the driver wont arrive at the time he is expected at all. The neighborhood of has very hard directions to be followed. Therefore, you should go out before the appointment or the flight 4 hours in advance.

Some of the staff were friendly and the others were joking at us in there language, my sister speaks turkey very well as she is one of them so she understands every thing they were talking about.

Thanks a lot for this hotel and we wont accommodate with in future.

I am very thankful for this app that we share our experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family