“I can not recommend this hotel because of bad service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Lush Hotel Taksim

Lush Hotel Taksim
Ranked #445 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Poznan, Poland
“I can not recommend this hotel because of bad service.”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

The hotel is located almost in the center of Istanbul. Stay close to such famous places as the Topkapi Palace and Suleymaniye Mosque. You can get there in a few minutes by public transport or on foot. The hotel provided me access to high-speed wireless Internet. The room was comfortable. Equipped with LCD TV was a lot of channels, safe and minibar. Unfortunately the hotel has some drawbacks. The first and most important is not the best service. One gets the impression that he was trying to force the tip! In addition, guests are not provided in almost any additional facilities outside the accommodation. Unfortunately I can not recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Turkish first
Canada
Reviewed 8 February 2012

It's no wonder this hotel is the 3rd trendiest in Istanbul as per Tripadvisor! Don't let the narrow 2 way road leading to Lush Hotel give you any doubts... or the small entrance doors... or the very small reception area... or the tiny single elevator... because you are in for a surprise!!

The first face that greeted us (me and my wife) was Ferhat at the reception desk. He was all too helpful and greeted me by my name (surprising as he didn't even know me.. I guess he figured it out from my flight arrival time). We originally booked the Junior suite (which I found to be very small but practical). I was staying with my wife and as this was our first proper relaxation trip since our honeymoon 3 years ago, I wanted to get something nicer. Ferhat offered to upgrade us to the Elegance suite for a little extra per night (promotion was to stay minimum of 3 nights). He even offered to show us some vacant rooms so we can pick the one we want (note that all rooms have different layouts here). The Elegance rooms are big with king size beds and large bathrooms and balconies! Perfect! Our room was neat and clean with an inroom safe and L'Occitane bath amenities!! By the way, WIFI is free for all guests throughout the hotel premises which is awesome!

Lush Hotel is in a perfect location and all major points are at walking distance: Taksim square, Istiklal Street and the underground metro are all 5 minutes away. You will find a barber shop, grocery store and doner kebab shop right under the hotel. Plus an electronics hardware shop (in case of electric plug/socket confusion!), currency exchange and sweets shop is 2 minutes away by walk.

The staff is wonderful (special thanks to Ferhat who is super nice and Ergin who also helped us check out). Breakfast does not have a lot of variety but the items they do have are laid out and cooked to perfection. We always looked forward to breakfast in the morning! The restaurant in-charge is very nice (I didn't get his name though) and service is very fast.

I would passionately recommend this hotel to my friends, family and colleagues. Next time I come to Istanbul I'll be staying in Lush Hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jawad Q
Shobak
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Beautiful, clean, unique hotel located near the bustling shopping district and some nice (though not expensive) restaurants. The staff was great. Breakfast was healthy and tasty. Only complaint was lack of privacy between the bathroom area and bedroom, but otherwise, it was excellent!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Excellent hotel, very nice decors and close to Taksim busy shopping, clubs and restaurants. Highly recommended for someone likes boutique hotel instead of large chains.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent (we viewed two before deciding) but the ones on top floor (spa floor) with b...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Nice and atypical hotel, far from those "industrial" hotels. The interior is fun and cozy.
It is located near Taksim place, which permits us to experience the dynamic of the city.
The staff is friendly and very helpful.
Breakfast is nice.

I recommend this hotel and would go back with pleasure for my next trip in Istanbul.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends