All reviewsmetro stationistiklal streetexcellent locationwifi servicerecommend this hotelreception staff arebigger roompublic transportbusiness triptaxi driverhotel is locatedthree nightstaksimheartfurnituresights
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at Taksim Metropark Hotel for New Year's Eve. It was a very pleasant stay. The staff were very friendly and respectful, the food was good, the rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. While the rates might be expensive, the value is definitely worth it! I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Istanbul.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Fadi90
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at the Metropark on 2 occassions, once for 2 nights and once for 1 night. Both times I was on the 4th floor. The first time in room 402 and the second in room 408 in May / June 2012. I generally enjoyed my time there but on the weekends the noise of Taksim can get pretty bad.

The good -
Good location for Taksim generally. Good value for money.
Well maintained bathroom, with shower, toilet and sink. There's no sink plugs so you need to BYO. The bathroom includes towels, soaps, shampoo and conditioner, body gel, 'Q tips' etc. The rooms have mini bar and kettle with tea and coffee. They charge for all - including the tea bags and coffee sachets.
The beds were fairly comfortable. I did not watch TV so cannot comment on the reception.
Free wireless internet, a bit slow but generally reliable.
The restaurant has really good food and great buffet breakfasts. I REALLY enjoyed the food there.
Some rooms have views (or partial views) of the Bosphorus

The not so good:
It is on a very steep side street and taking bags there and back can be an issue, although the staff may assist you if you ask (and tip). If you have mobility issues I would suggest you possibly go elsewhere.
Has smoking floors - you may need to make sure you specify non smoking if you don't want smokey aroma in your room. The 4th floor is a non smoking floor.
Noise - rooms out the back are apparently quite good so try and get those but the ones closer to Taksim Square are to be avoided if possible - especially on weekends.

Apparently some of the rooms have double glazing, neither of mine did and 402 is quite close to Taxim Square and the noise can get pretty bad - especially the weekend celebratory horn honking at 1.30 - 4am in the morning! This is what has taken my review down from 'Very good' to 'Average'. I left the hotel the first time more jetlagged than when I arrived. The second time I was in 408, which is a little further away from the square and the noise was not quite as bad but was still a bit loud.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank DiRT73
Reviewed 30 May 2012

very good location, good size of rooms and very clean. Good breakfast and at the reception they are always ready to answer your questions.
You have tram (5 min walk), metro and taxis. Very quite rooms.
We definetly recommend it

Room Tip: Our room was on last floor on the backside. No noise from the street and the size of the room was good
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Location is excellent, Taksim is one of the most interesting squares of Istanbul. Situated at the end of shopping street, good connected to other part of Istanbul. We head suite, family of three, with all basic comfort. Room was pretty clean. Generally good impression was spoiled with charging a peanuts from mini bar which was open when we entered a room, but didn’t reported. I am not sure if It was a fraud or just mistake. Breakfast is good, wit some local food.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This is a fairly basic hotel; the rooms arent that big and the ameneties are limited, but it is clean, well maintained, the staff are friendly and the breakfast is good. Not too expensive, I guess size / quality is reflected in the price and after all it is a city centre hotel in a capital city and you get what you pay for.

The location is excellent; right on Taksim Square. this isnt the main tourist location, but it is central to the city. Getting around on public transport is very easy and efficient. Arguably Sultanhammet is a better location, because it is the centre of most of what you would like to see, but Taksim is pretty good also. Very cosmopolitain, I got the impression that this was the trendy part of town with plenty of bars and restaurants.

I can definately recommend both the hotel and the location

Room Tip: No irons provided. You have to use the laundry service or take a travel iron. Check the mini-bar on arrival. We were asked if we had taken a bottle of gin; we hadn't and we werent charged for it, but it was slightly uncomfortable to be asked.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple