See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Stayed at this property for 4 nights recently.

Big picture: great location, modern design with warm browns and light pastels. Contemporary designs and decor are the hallmarks of this "boutique" property. Friendly staff and a warm and welcoming lobby area.

(+) On a really cool street with a few lively bars, a great sushi restaurant, Thai and local cuisine. A couple of convenience stores across the street too. Just 5 mins walk to Taksim area. Sishane metro station 1 min away
(+) Friendly staff - most of whom speak good English
(+) Very comfortable bed and sofa in each suite.
(+) Kitchenette and space in refrigerator for your own things
(+) Highlight of the place is the restaurant "Da Antonio". Outstanding food! Antonio is a great host and chef and combines wonderful combinations of classic italian dishes using local ingredients

(-) Internet is free but doesn't always work at the back suites of the hotel
(-) Pricey
(-) Bathroom fittings are disappointing (see photos). Shower unit in particular is very poor. They could have spent more money on this for sure
(-) Damage to some of the walls (see photo)
(-) Wardrobe space is limited
(-) Breakfast very limited and average selection. Hot food is additional cost.
(-) Room cleaning is very poor. Two days in a row, the room was not cleaned before 6pm! Apparently they only have two cleaning staff for the hotel and their neighbouring property.

Room Tip: choose a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ravenna2006
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We booked Ansen suites via Splendia.com. At the booking we paid a deposit and were supposed to pay the rest at the hotel. A few days later I noticed the rest of the amount was already transferred from my credit card. This is not common but I accepted it assuming Ansen knows what they are doing and having the financials settled as from that moment .

We arrived in the evening looking forward to fresh up and go out for dinner. After waiting for an hour in the lobby, without getting information about why it took so long, it appeared the room was double booked. We were offered a room in a building next door. We accepted it since we were hungry, wanted to start our holiday and didn't have a choice. The room was actually pretty okay, so no problem except for the waiting. The next day we were offered a room on the top floor. Noisy, but very nice. We were very satisfied about the breakfast and the personnel. So everything seemed okay again.

Breakfast is served as from 8:00 AM, it could be at 7:00 AM, still a common hour, to be able to have breakfast before travelling.

The day of departure, disappointed we didn't have breakfast, we were very on time to catch the bus to the airport. But then we were asked to pay!? The employee on duty called the manager to make things clear, but the manager seemed not very willing to believe us. Luckily I could show the information of my bank account on my smart-phone. The delay this all cost made us having to hurry for the bus, an uncomfortable end of the holiday.

Now I'm still not free from Ansen because they managed to transfer more money from my credit card. They apologized for this double booking, but I'm already reminding them for weeks to correct it. After a couple of weeks and several e-mails they finally refunded something, but the wrong amount. They didn't reply on all the information I sent them, in which I prove and explain the mistake they made. Now I have to start a procedure with my bank. A very annoying memory of lovely Istanbul. If they don't solve this in a satisfactory way with a BIG excuse Ansen won't see me as a customer any more, despite the very good location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank MTWoltering
Reviewed 11 July 2012

we stayed at the ansen suites in june 2012. it was perfectly located, just a few minutes walk away from istiklal and galata. the suites themselves were spacious and well decorated. the breakfast is basic and there are loads of eateries and a small grocery store all around the hotel so you will never go hungry for sure ! the only downside is most staff do not speak english so communication can be a little hard. having said that, they helped us with all restaurant reservations and also called us taxis whenever we needed them. i would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: choose the rooms higher up .. and also ask for the ones not facing the bars .. that can be noisy on a saturday night.
Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shesim
Orhan G, Manager at Ansen Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear guest;
We would like to see you again at your home in Istanbul.
Best Regards...

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed three nights at this property in the very happening Pera area, just two minutes' walk from Istiklal Caddesi. It is a small boutiquey kind of property.The rooms were huge and cleaned daily. The kitchen is dysfunctional; it is a bed and breakfast really. There is an Italian restaurant run by an Italian (Da Vittorio) for lunch, dinner etc. But you rarely get back till very late at night.
Staying here means you can get out late at night and enjoy the bizzing nightlife in Istiklal or the Galata area which are closeby. Sultanahmet is about 13TL by cab from here. Great location and lovely place!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Ansen is very well located, just a few steps form the Tunel funicular, and a short walk from the Galata Tower, in a very pleasant neighborhood, surrounded by restaurants, bars and small shops. It's a small hotel, so if you are after complimentary services or huge structure this is not the place for you.
On the other hand, if you are after a huge, comfortable room, a nice location and a feel-like-home stay, look no further, this is the place.
The rooms are finely decorated, have a semi-kitchen, are super clean and look brand new. Bathroom is good, nice shower.
Orham, the efficient manager, speaks good english and can help you book restaurants and other activities. All the staff member are very helpfull and friendly. Ahmed, the super kind attendant who waits tables, call you the taxis, carry your luggage and even picks you up at the airport, made a difference in our stay. Kindest person, always with a smile on his face, would give us the feeling of coming home after busy days in the bustling city of istanbul.
Breakfast is average. The hotel has a nice italian restaurant, Da Vittorio. The chef/manager, Vittorio, is a charm, speaks wonderful english and serves good food and wine. It is a good option for dinner.

Rates are very good and I am definitely staying here in my next visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank t_southbound
Orhan G, Manager at Ansen Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear guest: Thank you on behalf of my team.We are happy to see you at your home agaın
Best regards