All reviews blue mosque sea view turkey terrace restaurant cozy hotel hagia sophia old city tram station breakfast buffet tourist attractions top floor hippodrome sultanahmet emin
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We were a family of 4 adults (my 2 parents and myself and my little sister) staying from 13th- 17th July in connected rooms on the second floor. We had a great time and there were 2 male staff who we interacted with mostly, one of them was Ahmed who provided us with lots of useful information about transport and places to see. Hotel was always very clean. Ahmed always gave us tea. Although my little sister was charged 9tl for 3 teas on the first day by the other guy in the evening of 13th July. The other guy did give us a good recommendation for a hamam at a reasonable price and arranged pick up and drop off. Breakfast was filling and tied us over to late lunch/ dinner and the guy upstairs each morning worked hard with serving breakfast but would be nice to have different things each day. There are so many beautiful mosques surrounding the hotel and the grand bazaar, main tramline are all close by and not too long a walk. The roof terrace was not always open although they did open it twice out of the 5 days we were there at night. I hope Ahmed got our tip of 20TL which I left with the guy on reception on the morning of the 17th. Thank you for a lovely stay I will definitely consider staying here again in future. Amin Family.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Good friendly service from start to end and they won't let you put your bags in taxi as all done for you. We stayed twice nearly 4 weeks apart and they all remembered us. rooms were old style decorated, clean and comfortable beds. Lift was great as had big ports on one visit. Magnificent view from rooftop balcony where you have breakfast and can smoke outside - overlooks the "ship park" with so many vessels at anchor of all sizes waiting for their next voyage/charter.... Mosque's abound! Restaurant opposite has amazing food and had the best meal on our trip at another nearby restaurant where we were picked up and returned back after-all organised by reception. If any fault at all would have liked some bacon....

Room Tip: Does not really matter as best views from rooftop balcony which accessible 24/7
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank qldtrad
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Without all crap. In short..... Good location. All who working there are friendly and nice people. Rooms clean and look nice. Breakfast good. I can't complain specially for this price. Have a good time thete. Just 2 moment.. to improve service - buffet ....better dont keep forks and knife on the table.. let's customer take by themself and tablecloth must be fresh or don't use it at all. And u have very nice pretty maid, with very nice smile))) but better if - before she decide to unlock the door she must knock or ask to came in.)))) Am ok... but someone may don't like.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel is in a tremendous and safe location in the old city of Istanbul. You can be near the location of the Roman Hippodrome within 5 minutes. You will be able to locate where the hippodrome was by the ancient Egyptian obelisk. The staff at the hotel are friendly. Breakfast buffet has good and varied selections. There are also many restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. My wife and I were able to walk around the old city without any fear at all. The hotel shows its age but we felt it was maintained very well. Wi-Fi worked without difficulty and the strength of signal was strong from our room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2017

A hidden gemm right behind the Blue Mosque. The one from the picture is the exact room I've got: #201. Facing the Bosphorus with beautiful view, big windows, great taste, full renovated modern bathroom with a jacuzzi, good breakfast, better Turkish coffee or green apple tea (anytime) and excellent service. Inexpensive, beautiful, clean, warm & welcoming small boutique hotel. If you're traveling with your mate, on business, pleasure or solo, this is your absolute place and inexpensive. I usually stay in 5 star massive hotels, beautiful and impersonal. When I'm on my own, this is what I choose.

Stayed: January 2017