All reviews blue mosque sea view turkey terrace restaurant cozy hotel hagia sophia old city tram station breakfast buffet tourist attractions top floor hippodrome sultanahmet emin
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights in April. The reception was very attentive when we arrived late at night. The room was spacious and clean. The room safe didn't work..we were in 403. They were happy to organize tea in the morning as they had no self service in the room. The bathroom was standard size and had all the amenities. The biggest advantage is the location..in the heart of Sultanahmet, close to all the historic places like Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and the Topkapi museum. The Grand Bazaar is 7 minutes away. You can see the sea from Room 502. Close to restaurants and shops. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank seema60
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed in this lovely boutique hotel for 3 nights on 17 - 20 March 2012 (Room 304) and came back for 1 more night on 27th March (Room 203) before living for Brunei which was arrange by Magnificent Travel, Turkey. Both rooms are excellent and clean at all time. could not be more satisfied with the service, with homey atmosphere and friendly staffs (the room service, bar staff and reception manager). the staffs here are not just friendly but very accommodating whenever needed. Breakfast was great with varieties of options.

Location is the best where all in walking distances in the heart of Sultan Ahmed square the hippodrome, blue mosque, grand bazaar. we would love to recommend this hotel to future customers.

Loves from Aiman, Alinah and Little Alya

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Alyn682
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed in 3 different rooms - i had a bad cough so we got my husband a second room for a night and then we returned at the end of our trip to turkey - we experienced rooms 401, 402 and 201.

Room 401 had the best view but 201 had a better bed and seemed more spacious.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance of everything you want to see - Covered bazaar, Topkapi, Blue Mosque, etc. They are able to arrange shuttles and other experiences (Whirling Dervishes, etc). Breakfast was fresh and delightful every morning.

M.Ali, the day manager, was exceptionally accommodating as was the morning manager...(wish I had gotten his name!!) There was some confusion regarding the room rate we were to pay - but it was eventually sorted out with little hassle. During the second part of the stay I'd requested a different pillow - the one's in 201 were very hard and wide and sleeping on it the first night had put a kink in my neck (#firstworldproblem) - when I called to request another pillow, M.Ali told me they didn't have any other but that he'd called ANOTHER hotel in the area and one would be here momentarily! Talk about service! I felt a little silly for the fuss but as M.Ali said "Sleep is very important" :)

All-n-all, an excellent hotel and a perfect place to stay - we felt very safe walking around the area at night and we're never harassed by vendors, etc.

Room Tip: Room 401 has a great view but 201 has the better bed by far!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Could not be more pleased with this boutique hotel. Located in a very charming area of the old city-near blue mosque, bazaar and key historical sites. This hotel was a major upgrade from the dirty and loud hostel in taksim square were I originality booked. Found this hotel in my lonely planet guide. Staff is very professional and nice/helpful. Room was very clean and beds super comfy and a great shower. Also the breakfast buffet is a good spread! Will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

During the four days I stayed in this lovely boutique hotel, I enjoyed it tremendously. The staff is just great, service minded and professional. Best of all is the breakfast buffet, which offers a large array of international items and turkish dishes. The rooms are conveninient and well equiped with sundry items, slippers and nice towels, TV, minibar and aexcellent wifi internet connection. What a great value. I needed help on checking in for my return flight and they immediately set me up with the laptop in the lounge/lobby bar, served me a complementary coffee and printed my boarding passes instantly after sending it to the hotel e-mail address. Just great!
By the way ask for the reservation manager manager directly and you will get an excellent deal. I walked in staying at another place and moved to Daphne Hotel the same day. Don't forget to ask for a room on the sea side with a spectecular view of the bay of Mararis.
I enjoyed the roof terras restaurant as well at night and tried some of the beautiful Turkish wines they have on the list. Great fun with a great view!! I can recommend this hotel if you look for value and a great experience. I stayed for leasure, but I suppose it is excellent for the business traveler as well. They offer 3 - 4 star service and accomodation, for an excellent price. The family owners are frequently around and that makes one feel welcome and at home. Thank you! I will go back to Daphne hotel again soon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo