A very basic hotel that I only could recommend you only if you go there only to sleep. I stayed here during four nights in a travel with my family. We booked two rooms facing the street. This is rated as a 4 star hotel and in my opinion is a 3star very basic.
1. The recepcion staff: Just correct, nothing special.
2. The rooms: Really basic. The carpet did not look very clean... Beds and bathrooms just OK. We were not disturbed for the noise of the street during the night. For us was silent not as said in another reviews.
3. The breakfast: The first morning we arrived at 9.45 (breakfast is until 10 am) because we were really tired for the previous night as we arrived to the airport late and to the hotel at 2.30 am.
That morning the waiters were taking away the breakfast so we just could eat some coffee and boiled eggs. We did not like this as it did left 15 minutes yet.
Next mornings we were at "normal" hours at the breakfast room so we could enjoy the whole food. Bread rolls were delicious.
4. Location: Not very centric but near to a tram stop to arrive in five minutes to the Blue Mosque and Santa Sofia Mosque.
If you are in a budget, or you are looking just an acommodation to sleep, this could work to you. Really basic hotel so do not expect any luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ISTANBUL ROYAL HOTEL FULL RENOVATED 2011. Just off Ataturk Boulevard and 200 metres from Pertevniyal Valide Sultan Mosque, this hotel features a Turkish cuisine restaurant and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Rooms have flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Hotel rooms at the Istanbul Royal Hotel have carpeted floors and large windows that overlook the streets of Istanbul. They come equipped with a minibar and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Guests can enjoy a cold drink and light snack from the 24-hour piano bar. Each morning a breakfast buffet is served at the Royal Hotel’s restaurant. Room service is also available. There is a tour desk that assists with car hire and provides information on local attractions. A laundry and ironing service is also available. The Aksaray tram stop is 100 metres from the hotel. The Grand Bazaar is a 10-minute walk away. The Istanbul Royal Hotel offers 24-hour front desk service and luggage storage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Otel, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Istanbul Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hotel Istanbul