USD 199
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Oryapark(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
USD 66
Agoda.com
USD 2,563
USD 413
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspiral staircasegarden suitethe penthousecall to prayertopkapi palaceblue mosquecharming hotelturkeyold cityno elevatorliving arearoof terracesingle roomperfect locationtop floormajor sightsbasilica cistern
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I must have looked at several hotels when planning my trip to Istanbul, but I kept coming back to the Hotel Empress Zoe. The pictures are not the same as being there, as the ambiance and atmosphere is inviting and beautiful in architecture and design. By choosing to stay here, I made one of the smartest and the most comfortable choice in accommodation. Every question I asked prior to arrival was answered quickly, and every request granted. Traveling alone for me is liberating, and I enjoy the adventure. However, I also want to ensure I am safe and comfortable at the same time. The hotel arranged a private transfer from the Ataturk Airport to the hotel in the Sultahnamet area of Istanbul (and return). The staff were welcoming and friendly, giving me a tour of the hotel, the dining area, delightful gardens and my room. I stayed in the garden suite with private hamam-stye bath/shower, living area with comfortable sedir and beautiful view of the walled gardens with Ottoman style fountains, Turkish pottery and antique stone artifacts. Everything you could ask for was at hand: a/c, phone, hair dryer, mini fridge, safety deposit box, and tv. Lots of room for clothing storage and even an iron and ironing board upon request. The bed was luxurious! The breakfast was very good, the wines offered in the evenings were well chosen, and the level of attention very high. The rooftop terrace allowed uninterrupted views of the Bosphorus, and the surrounding area. The first night I did wake to the call to prayer from the surrounding mosques, but it was incredibly relaxing and not intrusive at all. In fact, I rarely noticed it after the first night! Yes, there is a narrow winding staircase, but the staff will carry your luggage and it is easy to navigate. Umbrellas are provided in case of unexpected rain shower. There are books about Istanbul, history and maps in the reception area, and the wonderful staff are there to help you navigate around the city with ease. I felt at home here, and became friends with those who were patient enough to answer all my many questions regarding Turkish culture. My stay was so enjoyable, so fun, but also relaxing and extremely comfortable. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel, as you will definitely not be disappointed. I am looking forward to my next visit to Istanbul. It was everything I could have imagined and more!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Rana W
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Our family of three spent the most fantastic five days in this comfortable, artful hotel. We’d give it six stars if that was an option! The rooms are unique sanctuaries. The breakfast is divine and the service is exceptional. The location is perfection.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2018

A hotel itself should serve as a gateway to experiencing any location and the staff at the Hotel Empress Zoe do so seamlessly and professionally.

From the warm welcome at our early arrival to the advice about things to see and do around Istanbul, I simply cant fault the hotel. They were brilliant. Being our second trip to the city, we were looking for more than the typical tourists sites and the tips we were offered were a fantastic insight into how best to experience some of the more unusual locations around the city.

Our room was superb. Warm and cosy with superb views. The location of the hotel is perfect, right in the heart of the city and a stones throw from some of the greatest man made buildings on the planet.

Breakfast were very good and all transfers to the airport and others bookings were handles perfectly.

This is how every hotel should aspire to be run.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We stayed for two nights at the penthouse suite...it was an amazing experience,the room was excellent,the views even from the inside of the room were magnificent,the breakfast was rich,they also included vegetable milk ,soy,after our lactose free request,the reception was helpful everytime that we needed some info,the location is simply the best...we highly recommend this hotel,and we will surelly visit empress zoe again and again,we are more than satisfied.eva and angelos from greece

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I don't have enough words of praise for this gem of a hotel in the heart of the old city of Istanbul.

Yes, we were lucky enough to book the "Penthouse Suite" for our stay, so we had a luxury view and very stylish, spacious stay.

What makes Empress Zoe stand out though, besides the good quality of its rooms and other amenities and the killer location (basically at the foot of the Hagia Sophia) is the unbelievable friendliness of the staff. From the charming night porter (kudoz for the best cup of late night tea, or chai, we had during our stay in Istanbul) to the service oriented people working at the breakfast counter or reception: Empress Zoe made us feel at ease and at home and the tips (restaurants, sight-seeing, public transport etc...) were really helpful and made our stay unforgettable.

Great location, great and atmospheric hotel, great staff - there really isn't more you could ask for as a guest.

I know already that my next stay in Istanbul will also be in this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the suites. The Penthouse Suite is very good.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple