1,771 results
All reviews hagia sophia seasons restaurant rooftop bar old city blue mosque luxury hotel beautiful hotel concierge staff grand bazaar perfect location turkey hotel experience historical sites basilica cistern call to prayer within easy walking distance spice market
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I stayed here as part of a short, last minute trip through Istanbul and was blown away by the great location, excellent service and beautiful room. As a woman traveling alone, I wanted to feel safe and like the staff was looking out for me - and I got that at the Four Seasons. I also wanted a hotel that was within walking distance to most of the sights I wanted to see - which was also definitely the case here. The staff at the Four Seasons was really great - they arranged taxis and a private guide for me so that I felt safe while traveling around the city (regardless, I never felt unsafe, Istanbul was incredibly user-friendly and I never felt concerned!). I was upgraded for free to a small suite and it was gorgeous - I had a close up view of the Blue Mosque outside my windows. Delicious food as well - which isn't always the case with room service - I ordered breakfast and dinner there on my last day. One of my best stays at a hotel ever - which is saying a lot!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
FS_Istanbul, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear DFWTraveler78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to see that you had a pleasant experience at Four Seasons Hotel Sultanahmet during your solo travel and our team made sure that all your requests were taken care of in the most efficient way. As you mentioned, the Hotel has an unbeatable location in the Old City, steps away from Istanbul's iconic historical landmarks.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I didn't stay in the hotel but did call in for a drink on my visit. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and the hotel is just stunning. It's located in a great area while plenty to see and do.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Renot,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review on Trip Advisor. Your kind comment on our staff being extremely pleasant is the highlight of my day.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

The 4 Season Hotels are spectacular.

This hotel goes beyond spectacular.

To simply be. The best in all it does.

The People:

Smart. Informative. Kind. Helpful. Always available.

The team...and it is a team of word class people/professionals...

-helped me check in super early
-had coffee and pastry waiting in my room
-knew my name when I got out of the taxi at their front door
-made me feel warm and welcome at all times
-let me know that if I did not have/get Turkish lira in advance that I could simply take a taxi to their hotel and they would pay for it and then charge that amount to my room
-answered all email questions promptly and with precision before I arrived

The property:

Gorgeous. Exquisite. Peaceful. And the ideal location for being next to everything. And away from it all. The grounds are just calming and beautiful.

The room:

Room 215. It rocks. Just glorious. Everything is thoughtfully and practically designed. The view...right out of a dream.

The room service:

Ok. Get this. I left my glasses on the bedside table. When I came back...they'd left next to my glasses, a lens cloth to keep my glass lenses clean.

Yup.

They don't miss a thing.

The gym:

Excellent. And every morning in there, one person has checked on me to make sure I had everything and let me know that should I want anything...just to call the concierge on the phone near by

The food:

Heaven. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner. Oh yeah, drinks on the top floor.

All just crazy wonderful.

Summary:

Splurge. Treat yourself.

The people, the place, the everything are enough of a reason to fly to Istanbul.

Plus you get to experience all the magnificent surroundings and history.

This 4 Seasons. These people. Are to be savoured and appreciated.

This is what a holiday in a major city...or anyplace for that matter....is all about.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Roger1211

Dear Roger1211,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this detailed review on Trip Advisor and for your heartwarming comments about our service and staff. I am delighted to read that you went home with lasting memories from Four Seasons Hotel Sultanahmet. Your kind comments on our staff made me have goose bumps. At Four Seasons, our biggest asset is our people.

Reviewed 24 April 2016

You cannot go wrong with this one! Easy access to all the landmarks.. just walk over! Blue mosque and Hajia Sophia is a stone throw away. Spice Market, Grand Bazar, and many other landmarks within walking distance. The service at the hotel is simply wonderful. We took a cab from the airport and didn't get a chance to convert our dollars. No problem apparently at this hotel.. they simply paid the cab and added that to our hotel invoice.. both ways! A service that we highly appreciated! Concierge was well informed and very proud of his Turkish heritage. Gave us really good ideas on day trips and the museum access card. We tried the breakfast, lunch, and the happy hour and none of that disappointed us. Great quality food! The hotel is beautiful and very well kept. It was cold and rainy so unfortunately the terrace was closed. However, we dined at a couple of really great restaurants with breathtaking views. One of them is Seven Hills Restaurant, right across form the hotel. A must visit as it's open terrace hotel with amazing view of the Blue Mosque and Hajia Sophia on one side and Bosphorus view on the other. Would highly recommend staying at this hotel!

Room tip: They only have a few rooms with great views.. ask for them!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Globetrotter-from-TX,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this detailed review on Trip Advisor and for recommending our Hotel to other travelers. It is a great pleasure to see that you had an enjoyable stay at Four Seasons Hotel Sultanahmet and found the location of the Hotel convenient for your excursions in the city. It makes me proud to read about the thoughtful service details you've shared in your review. We have a dedicated team who comes to work every day with a passion to create memorable moments for our guests.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

My wife and I travelled with our 1 year old daughter and found this to be the best hotel experience we have ever had. We were upgraded to a huge room upon arrival and the staff had our room promptly baby proofed with a crib, outlet protectors, diaper pail, the works. The entire staff, ranging from doormen to room service was outstanding! The location could not have been better with amazing views of the Hagia Sophia from the rooftop lounge and I can only imagine what it must be like in the spring. Big fan of the Four Seasons and would highly recommend this to everyone.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Shahwaiz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review on Trip Advisor and for recommending our Hotel to other travelers. I am delighted to see that you and your family had a pleasant stay at Four Seasons Hotel Sultanahmet, especially the little one. Your kind comments on the service and our staff are the highlights of my day. As you also mentioned, the rooftop terrace A'YA is a must-see while in Istanbul.