“Ciragan is everything from a place to have your wedding to Sunday breakfast with friends”

Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul
Ranked #49 of 1,176 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a luxury 5 star hotel hotel from the middle of the 18th century. It is divided into a Palace section and a hotel section with more than 300 rooms and suites. It is popular for high class locals to have their wedding as well as Sunday buffet breakfast with everything you can think of for a delicious Sunday breakfast with friends - and a chef in a corner in the restaurant to make exactly what you want.
The architecture of this hotel is a reason to visit alone, and you can visit it by car or - as we did - with a chartered yacht. You simply cannot visit Istanbul without seeing Ciragan.

Room Tip: Facing the sea is a prerequisite staying in this hotel
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your recent visit and sharing your remarkable experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor.com.
First of all we are very happy to be able to host you in one and only Ottoman Imperial Palace and Hotel on the Bosphorus, Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul!
Together with my team, I hope to welcome you back soon again and provide you the finest Turkish hospitality again here at the Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul.
Yours sincerely,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,902)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We spent a wonderful time. The view from the room is gorgeous. Rooms are clean. We loved the breakfast. Service is excellent. Staff is friendly. It was an unforgettable experience. We enjoyed our stay.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful architecture, professional and kind front desk and concierge service, wonderful location, exceptional breakfast buffet, elegant yet comfortable with amazing views of the Bosphorus. The finest hotel in Istanbul!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Ciragan Guest,
First of all we are very happy to be able to host you in our legendary hotel. It was a true pleasure for us to read your thoughtful comment and we are glad to hear that we were able to meet your every single expectation in overall. We are also really thankful for acknowledging our employees, we have passed along your kind comments to them.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Staying 3 nights at this beautiful hotel was great.best quality perfect services good staff,high security...beatuful view.everything is great maybe less than the value you pay but it is nice.there is somthing that I want mention is that you dont feel relax here because of the district security.everytime you enter they control u and ur stuff.you cant take pics easily .always there is someone is following you to remember u r not allowed take photo unless u mention ur room No.photography is forbiden at pool erea.the enviroment is so politicaly mabye coz of special guests they have .that make u uncomfortable.for example for breakfast lady attack me that why are u looking at me I am important guest and said bad words in Turkish.i was looking at Bosphorous back to window not her.gusets are bussiness man not for pleasure.so before going there plz check there is no siminar or event coz it make bother u.Next one I wont choose this hotel coz I did nt feel relax as a tourist but service is perfect.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
CPKI, General Manager at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Ciragan Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Booking.com following your recent visit.
As we value every single comment and opinion of our valuable guests, we would like to discuss your points with you in more detail at your convenience. In this regards I will be very pleased if you could kindly contact me directly at ralph.radtke@kempinski.com
referring to this review in the email title.
Together with my team, I hope to welcome you back again soon and provide you with the finest Turkish hospitality here at Ciragan Palace Kempinski Istanbul.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Its my second time in Ciragan, but now with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday.

This hotel takes my heart everytime I go there, its magical like in a fairytale, very romantic with an amazing Bosphorus view!

Breakfast in Laledan restaurant was the best one compared to the previous hotels I have been (Regnum Carya, Cavo Tagoo, and so on...)

They brought a surprise birthday cake in the room to make my stay even better.

Tugra restaurant its a MUST DO when you are in Ciragan, the food quality and service is top notch.

Special thanks to Cansu and other staff members that were so nice and kind.

Highly recommend it :)

Dear Ciragan Guest,
First of all we are very happy to be able to host you in our legendary hotel once again. It was a true pleasure for us to read your thoughtful comment and we are glad to hear that we were able to meet your every single expectation in overall. We are also really thankful for acknowledging our employees, we have passed along your kind comments to them.