Basileus Hotel
USD 197*
USD 130*
USD 125*
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 223/night.

USD 124*
InterContinental
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 166/night.

Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)
USD 96*
USD 75*
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 92/night.

Free cancellation until 03/06
Book now, pay at stay
USD 215*
USD 152*
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 272/night.

Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
USD 99*
USD 95*
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 109/night.

1,881 results
All reviewsblue mosqueturkeymade to order omeletsturkish coffeegrand bazaarwithin walking distancehome away from homeminute walkno elevatorold citymajor attractionssmall hotelhagia sophiastreet noiseyogurtairport pickupwonderful city
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. Familyroom 4 persons 2:nd floor

Service: Top class. Staff helps you with erverything! Also before you visit. Very fast answers on e-mails. And always a smile :) Arrangement of airport transfer worked super. And is much nicer than the taxis in Istanbul. They arranged tickets to Topkapi for us. And if you want private gudings at the attractions, they arrange it too!

Room: Absolutely clean, free soft drinks and water refilled every day. Floors made of wood. Beds are hard, but not the hardest in Europe. Saftey box in room. Schampoo soap, balsam in the toilet. Big towles! Hair dryer. No minibar, but you can find small stores beside the hotel. 2 Frensh balconies. Aircondition. Large shower cabin. Slippers. My oppinion, 4 star standard.

Breakfast: Nice assortemnt of fruits, cheese, olives, bread, pancakes, yoghurts, turkish specialities, coffe, tea etc. They make omelettes and coffee after your choice! Superb!
Location: in Old town and a few steps from the top attractions. About 5-10 min walking distance.
Other. Bagage room, small lobby with lovely ottoman furnitures, and decorated roofs.

We will defenately stay here again! We loved it very much. If you are the person which is tired of all common hotels. If you like when it is more small and not looks like everything else. More personal service and typical style for the place you visit. Basileus is a very good choice.
It was much much better than expected!

Thanks Yusuf, Ekrem and the rest of Basileus staff!

Charlotte with family

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lotta N
Reviewed 28 May 2012

"Taking care of your guests" acquires a completely new meaning at the Basileus. I've never experienced anything like it. During my stay, I had a close-up encounter with a cute street cat and ended up needing rabies shots. The whole staff kicked into gear to help me. First, Yusuf calmed my fears with stories of his family's experiences with rabies shots; it was reassuring to hear that they are no longer painful and entertaining, as his stories always are. Then the owners, Mehmet and Muharren stopped what they were doing to drive me around Istanbul looking for a hospital to attend to me. This was at 11:00 at night, mind you, and we went first to the best private hospital before we found that the public hospital was the correct choice. Then they insisted on accompanying me two days later for a follow-up shot, even though we had moved to a different hotel by then (owing to availabilities when reserving a month earlier)! In short, when you stay at the Basileus, they treat you as friends instead of customers. I would never stay anywhere else in Istanbul. No one can compare to the Basileus.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gail-Janice
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We stayed at the Basileus hotel recently. It is a family-owned hotel. Sometimes I am not sure if the folks sitting in the hotel lobby--family or guests. Upon our arrival, we were greeted and provided some essential information which was useful. The staff was always friendly. Our room was a bit small but clean. We had a quiet room which was relative. Indeed, it was not facing the streets but you can hear the restaurant next door and cars, so I can not imagine what would happen if we were to get a room facing the streets. Location is perfect if you are going to spend most of your time in the old city because it is walking distance. Everything was fine except for breakfast. I could not bring myself to eat. I do not think the breads were fresh. It is ironic because breads are so cheap from the street vendors. Cold cuts did not look so edible and the fruit plate got worst and worst during our stay. Maybe book your without breakfast. I do not know if it is negotiable. I would skip breakfast here and get it on the streets.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NatureGuyDECH
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Not only are the rooms perfect, the breakfast amazing, and the location great, the service is beyond compare. I came with a group of friends and we ended up making friends for life with the staff. They go out of their way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. They truly take care of ALL their guests no matter how much interaction you may have with them. Every morning they offer you omelets and Turkish coffee; if you need directions or want to take an excursion someplace they do all they can to help set it up. If you really cannot find your way, they will offer to take you or show you the way. The best part of all is that its 100% genuine. Could not ask for more!!! I will always come back and stay here on future trips to Turkey and I would recommend this hotel to all. I hate to go on and on but they truly make you feel at home and its a great atmosphere for all ages. I came back from turkey 3 days ago and already miss my friends! Thank you Basileus for impacting my trip so much and giving me a reason to come back :) I hope your business continues to flourish!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Like all the reviewers are saying, wonderful service from the Basileus staff. Even before we arrived Yusuf was very helpful and informative over the e-mails. From everyone they provided an honest and personal touch who genuinely want you to have a great time in Istanbul. Each day we sat and chatted with them about our day.

Very modern rooms. While it might be a little noisy outside, the double glazing easily keeps out the noise and the air con works very well - so keeping cool isn't a problem. The breakfasts are okay but there's plenty to choose from and omelettes are cooked to order.

If you have mobility problems, it's important to acknowledge it's a steep hill up to the Blue Mosque (5 minutes walk), and there's plenty of traffic to compete with en-route. If you'll spend a lot of time in Sultanahmet then this is the place for you, but if you'll visit the north side of Galata Bridge more frequently then you might want to reconsider - but it's really not a huge journey.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple