“Loved this hostel!!!”
Review of Cheers Hostel

Cheers Hostel
Ranked #4 of 1,260 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This hostel is amazing in so many ways. First, the staff are incredible, especially Sinan who is not only awesome when it came to helping me but a funny and personable person that you can laugh and joke with :) The other staff members are wonderful as well and I had a pristine experience. Not only that, but the hostel has a roof top bar which is conveniently and superbly located right across from the Hagia Sophia! It was so nice to sit up there, have a few beers and watch the sunset right over it. Cheers is in the best location and you can walk literally everywhere. I did not need to take a taxi once. Everything that you need to do is within 5 minutes walking distance...could it get much better than that? The other guests I met at Cheers were also super friendly and we connected instantly and spent the days together which was wonderful company and I still keep in contact with them to this day which is so cool to have such lovely memories. Ok I will stop blabbing now but my point is, if you are looking for a hostel in Istanbul-look no further than Cheers because you have found the one!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Stayed here for 9 nights ! Location was the best for any Istanbul hostel, literally walking distance to every landmark / public transport and main centres.
The free breakfast is decent ! Room was clean and comfortable, cleaned daily thoroughly.
The staff were extremely accomodating, friendly, personable and fun. Staff would do basically anything for you ! to ensure your stay is ideal. The main receptionist/worker Sinan was extremely polite and wanted to ensure we had all information possible, regarding the city, day trips, airport transfer, cheap buys etc.
The manager Tarik and bartender Nuri were also lovely and very passionate about their jobs. They seemed to take pride in making sure every guest has an ideal stay.
Would 100% come again, never wanted to leave ..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I just don't understand why people would rate this place so high. No friendly information, bad pillow, bad facilities. All they want is just to dig more money out of your pocket. I will never recommend this to my friends and it's a shame that Lonely Planet put this place for their recommendations.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I checked in at the hostel at 4am of a Sunday morning. Nobody was around since all of the guests went to the pub crawl with the hostel staff. Even that early (or late) I was received with a huge smile and I knew, right the way, that this hostel had a great atmosphere, I wasn't surprised to find out that I was correct and they have a four legged little human that cheer us up since morning and that loves to get his belly scrubbed. Saman, if I am not mistaken is the name of the golden retriever that they have around. The location is perfect walking distance from pretty much all the sightseeing spots, few meter alway from the tram stations, which takes you anywhere in the city. Rooftop bar with an amazing view of the Sophia. Greaaat breakfast that keep you satisfied til lunch time, definitely. There is one kebab place on the corner, which is really good and really cheap...nice deal. So, you got everything you need around. But the staff is outstanding, I've been to other great hostels but I've never seen a staff like cheer's staff I felt home from the moment I walked in. Thanks for the amazing experience. I'll be back!

Room Tip: Excellent staff. They have a dog.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We didn't know what to expect when we got to Istanbul but the guys that run the show at the hostel made us feel right at home.. They went above and beyond to make sure we had everything that we needed and knew what to do in the time that we had.. They helped us organise a 8 day trip around Turkey and recommended their favourite places to go.. Every time we walked into reception that would stop what they were doing to sit down and have a chat with us.. Can't recommend this place enough...
Cheers guys.. Until next year..

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends