1,019 results
All reviews rooftop bar hagia sophia turkey separate building bed dorm top floor main building blue mosque apple tea perfect location walking distance fresh fruit rooms are clean home away from home main attractions enjoyed my stay old city
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We stayed at Cheers hostel for two nights on a trip through Turkey and Greece, and one more night before we came home. The hostel was great. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and they have air-conditioners. We stayed in a private room with an en-suite and had our own little balcony. The hostel has a great roof top bar that practically sits in the shadow of the Hagia Sofia. We could walk to all the attractions, and Tarek and the guys are very helpful. We wanted to catch a ferry to our next destination and Tarek helped us with everything. We had breakfast at the hostel every morning which consisted of fresh fruit, fresh bead, cheese and coffee or tea. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for an affordable, centrally located place to stay.

Room Tip: This is a hostel that has share rooms, but if you want private rooms, they do have, and if you want something smarter, they have a more expensive option called "Cheers Exclusive". Ask for it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Cheers gave me the best impression of Istanbul that no other place could... my stay was perfect. very clean rooms. sheets are new everyday . very healthy atmospher ... rooms are enlighted and the view on the suspended garden brings more joy to my day... a reall freindly and very nice staff; very helpful and welcoming.... Onur... Tarik... Yassin... all of them....
Cheers offers a wonderful opportunity to meet poeple from all over the world. chilling at the terrasse chatting with others or being at the roof top terrasse wich has an amazing view on Aya Sofia... offers excellent quality time ever....
I will definately come back and most of all I will recommand it to all my friends visiting Istanbul....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ZahraTagnani
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I came to Istanbul for a conference but wanted a nice place in Sultanahmed where I could meet interesting people. Cheers hostel was just that.
My ensuite room was super clean and nicely furnished. The communal areas were great.The roof top terrace has an amazing view onto the Aya Sofia and there is nice outside seating where one can watch daily life and drink apple tea or Turkish coffee.
The staff have been superb: welcoming, friendly, attentive, and helpful and the hostel dog earns this place extra bonus points for cuteness.
Breakfast is plentiful and delicious with a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, tea, coffee, bread and a variety of spreads.
It was my first time in Istanbul and Cheers made it special.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AresQui
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I loved staying at Cheers hostel, its situated in the best location possible, walking distance to all of the major sites. The staff were so friendly and helpful. always going out of their way to help you. The rooms were always clean and most importantly they have air conditioning!! This was one of the best hostels ive stayed at and i would highly recommend it to anyone coming to Istanbul

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Emily H
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Staying at Cheers Hostel was one of my most edifying experiences while travelling in the east. Staff were exceptionally friendly, rooms were clean and air conditioned and the location was perfect. Breakfast was served for free every morning and was one of the best breakfasts I've had while staying at a hostel. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends