1,019 results
All reviews rooftop bar hagia sophia turkey separate building bed dorm top floor main building blue mosque apple tea perfect location walking distance fresh fruit rooms are clean home away from home main attractions enjoyed my stay old city
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Very nice place with friendly owners and a nice roof top bar with an unhindered view of Hagia Sophia. Comfy rooms and a friendly atmosphere, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Cheers Hostel is a great environment. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They helped us get to all the clubs, shows, and tourist hot spots in the city, not questions asked. The people who we stayed with were from all over: Australia, Canada, England, Brazil, America, the list goes on. We all had a great time. I highly recomend the Cheers Hostel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2012 via mobile

Although very close to tourist sites and in a fairly quiet area, I wouldn't stay here again based on how I was treated. I visited for 3 nights with 4 other girls, at first when we arrived early before check in and we were given breakfast, they were being overly nice. We then discovered the hostel was overbooked so they took us up four blocks to "cheers exclusive" which were nice apartments but they made us pay extra. I felt like I was in Bali except why would we have to pay when they made the error? Being with a big group I sat back and didn't say much because I was just going with the flow, however, when I asked why we had to pay extra, especially if we were an substantial walk from the hostel and had a confirmed booking, I was mimicked and very disgusted at how the manager reacted. He attempted to embarrassed me in front of friends when my main concern was my sister who might have wanted to enjoy the facilities as oppose to the other 4 of us who were dead from traveling that day. I didn't want her walking back by herself in the dark. I would NOT recommend this place when there are much better spots close who would be much more genuinely inviting. I can't comment on cleanliness etc as we weren't actually staying at Cheers.

• Stayed: June 2012
15  Thank semill11
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Cheers Hostel was great. I was travelling alone and met lots of people doing the same here and we saw the many sights of Istanbul together which was fun. The hostel is located in a prime position in the city.
Staff are friendly and helpful with questions/directions, as well as recommending quality restaurants and things to do. Good value for money! Definitely stay there.

Room Tip: Talk to the boss, he'll sort it out for you!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Cheers Hostel was a standout on my trip. I actually created a profile on TripAdvisor just to rave about this hostel, so others can enjoy the same hospitality that I had. As someone who has worked in the customer service industry, I can truly vouch that Cheers goes above and beyond the expectations of staying in an "economical" hostel.

First of all, Cheers has all the typical makings of a great hostel - perfect location, amazing views of Hagia Sofia from the awesome top floor bar, quiet street-side verdana shaded by greenery, effective air conditioning, free breakfast, very clean and spacious bathrooms, and not over crowded whatsoever. However, this can probably be said of many of the other hostels in the area...What puts Cheers above the rest is their incredible service and attention to the personal needs of all their guests.

Personally, I showed up a week early and they were more than willing to help me figure out my accomodation until my previously made reservation the next week. I arrived in the early morning, and they even let me have breakfast even though I hadn't stayed there (and didn't have a reservation) yet. They also gave me a steeply discounted rate at their new "exclusive" hotel at the last minute, so I wasn't left in the lurch for the night. They were even helpful finding me a competitors hostel for a few nights as Cheers was completely sold out, walking me over to it, and welcoming me back for the free wifi and computers even while I was at the other hostel. I can honestly say the friendliest staff I have come across in all my travels.

Overall, I cannot give a better review of Cheers. The best hostel of my 3.5 month long trip!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo