“Great family place”

HAREM CAFE & RESTAURANT
Reserve with
HAREM CAFE & RESTAURANT is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,089 of 14,541 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Description: Phone: +90 212 512 4507 / +90 536 954 0219 e-mail: harem.cafe.restaurant@gmail.com
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Wonderful food. Ask for owner Hikmet. Good for dinner. Nice service. Went there for 2 days in a row.

Reviewed 21 May 2015

We went late at night and a horrible rain storm started. I think it was the owner who told everybody to go inside and get a seat. This was fine because we hadn't ordered yet and the other people at the tables were done thier food so didn't have to carry anything inside. It was a violent storm and the staff had to pick up all the table cloths, cutlery etc from outside patio bc of rain...and alot of dirt being blown around, things were being shattered from the rain. In the meantime they brought apple tea for everyone to enjoy inside for free. Soon after we ordered and the food arrived. It was a good meal and my family enjoyed it. It is sultanahmet area and was close to our hotel and the price was good. Thank you!

Reviewed 20 May 2015 via mobile

We went there last night and had the following:

Curry chicken: Undercooked. My husband lost interest so didn't bother having it be sent again. They charged us for it nonetheless.

Spaghetti bolognaise: It taste very different from the usual bolognaise we have ever had. I thought it was okay albeit different but my family really didn't like it so we they couldn't have any more of it.

Bread with yoghurt-dill dipping sauce and another slightly spicy dipping sauce: My 1 year old son enjoyed the bread as is as it was soft yet chewy and I enjoyed both chilled dipping sauces. The rest of my family thought it was okay too.

Ravioli: The ravioli sauce tasted exactly like the yoghurt-dill dipping sauce and it was chilled pasta. That was the most aweful dish we had in Instanbul thus far. None of us could take more than 2 bites of this.

Roasted fish: Was my dish and I ate half of it with salad and it was okay until I couldn't take any more of it because the more I ate the more it smelled funny/fishy.

Pide - mixed: The ONLY good thing we had there.

Steak: Edible but nothing close to satisfactory.

The ambiance however was great and beautiful and the waiter was polite.

Reviewed 26 November 2014 via mobile

Great service and cosy, friendly atmosphere. Delicious tasty food, although not large portions.
Even though people are using the hubbly-bubbly pipes & smoking cigarettes, there is not a smokey atmosphere (I'm a non smoker).

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Great views, an oasis, reasonably priced food and drinks ( even beer or wine). Get there about noon to get a good place and view.