See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 May 2015

Magnificient only in name but not in fact.
Me and my boyfriend stayed there for four nights, the only good thing about the hotel is its location in the district of Sulthanamet and its position, really close to the main attractions of Istanbul.
The breakfast is bad, the basement room was very dark and the people from the street can be seen inside. So, be carefull.
Despite we requested a double beds the hotels gave us two single beds really old and dirty sheets.
The second day the hotel staff forgot to clean the room.
The third day the hotel has not provided us towels.
I would not recommend it

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alessandra S
Reviewed 27 April 2015

The location of the hotel was good in walking distance of 10 minutes, but up to the hill where there are the most attractive and interesting historical monuments like Sophia and others.
Hotel rooms are nice and clean according our expectations, their category and reasonable price. As it is in the very center of the city, the traffic is busy and it is a bit noisy during nights. Staff are very friendly, professional and helpful, so you can rely on their recommendations and suggestions for restaurants, shops, trips , transfer and so on. With their assistance you even get some f.e. trips or transfer cheaper than by yourself.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marina B
Reviewed 5 March 2015

My wife and I stayed, the price in relation to quality is right, when we went they were remodeling so we had to move rooms by dust, breakfast is the same every day and have to climb several floors to get to restaurant. the staff is very friendly and attentive. For someone who dislikes breakfast always the same and climbing stairs is very good. It is very close to most tourist atracctions and also the tram station Sultahanamet.

Room Tip: lower floors are better
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2015

-The location was close to many places we needed to visit -The room looked good and the shower was good -Wifi was good -Staff at the reception were helpful with my luggage , with my questions, they even helped me when the maid didnt come to the room.they changed the garbage bag and gave me soap when it was finished -Air conditioning in the room -Hotel was close to many shops -the bed was large enough for 2 people. we had enough space -fridge in the room -some flyers were available and a map and small card with information. they can add more to make it better.

-Breakfast buffet could be better -No Lounge area where people can chill and relax and talk to other guests -no activities -noise outside the room at night -the closet has many hangers but no place to put folded clothes -my mom found that the pillows were dirty -only turkish channels on television so if you dont speak the language there is nothing to watch -no vending machine -breakfast area not large enough for all guests. i think some guests took their food and went to a terrace upstairs to eat and sit -guests should be able to have a late breakfast after 10:30 am

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2015

A friend and I spent several days at the Magnificent Hotel, and we had a very nice stay. The location is great - it is very close to Sultanahmet Mosque, but it is on a quieter side street. That being said, it is close to a large number of shops and restaurants, so it is still very conveniently located. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very clean, warm (which was awesome with how freezing and snowy Istanbul was when we went), and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends