Magnificent Hotel
USD 132
Hotels.com
USD 169
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 194/night.

USD 148
USD 553
USD 452
USD 375
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 January 2015

-The location was close to many places we needed to visit -The room looked good and the shower was good -Wifi was good -Staff at the reception were helpful with my luggage , with my questions, they even helped me when the maid didnt come to the room.they changed the garbage bag and gave me soap when it was finished -Air conditioning in the room -Hotel was close to many shops -the bed was large enough for 2 people. we had enough space -fridge in the room -some flyers were available and a map and small card with information. they can add more to make it better.

-Breakfast buffet could be better -No Lounge area where people can chill and relax and talk to other guests -no activities -noise outside the room at night -the closet has many hangers but no place to put folded clothes -my mom found that the pillows were dirty -only turkish channels on television so if you dont speak the language there is nothing to watch -no vending machine -breakfast area not large enough for all guests. i think some guests took their food and went to a terrace upstairs to eat and sit -guests should be able to have a late breakfast after 10:30 am

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2015

A friend and I spent several days at the Magnificent Hotel, and we had a very nice stay. The location is great - it is very close to Sultanahmet Mosque, but it is on a quieter side street. That being said, it is close to a large number of shops and restaurants, so it is still very conveniently located. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the hotel was very clean, warm (which was awesome with how freezing and snowy Istanbul was when we went), and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

On the plus side, this place is in a relatively nice position being quite close to the Little Sophia, and the internal decorations are not bad. But without a good service, it's nothing.

Below is our complain letter to Expedia (with some mods for booking info) for your reference.
=============

This is my official complaint to Expedia and this "4star" hotel.

To start with, this hotel (Magnificent hotel, Istanbul) is far, far from a 4 star standard one would normally expect, hence that's a key misleading message from Expedia for my booking.

Secondly, when I asked if I could checkout the next morning, they told me that I would need to pay for the whole period of my reservation (i.e., 3 nights instead of 1 night). This is really a surprise as I was trying to honor the reservation by promising to stay for the first night.

Thirdly, the central heating is not working in our room, but luckily we have an aircon which doesn't seem to blow out hot air (although we set the temperature at 30℃, sorry mother Earth).

Fourthly, when we complained again the next morning about the heating, we were told to get away as the boss doesn't care. We were told that we could leave any time as we wanted, but don't dream about a refund for the rest of the booking.

Fifthly, when we came back in the evening, we found out that the room hadn't been cleaned at all, not even the bedding!

We are definitely moving out tomorrow! This is a negative 4 star dump yard I'd say.

Overall, here's my advice:
AVIOD THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: December 2014
3  Thank Lestin L
Reviewed 20 November 2014

We were completely new at finding our way through Istanbul. On foot as night fell, local restaurant and store owners helped us find the hotel down the hilly cobblestones. Similarly, we found our way uphill to tour Sultanahmet over the next few days, using maps provided by the hotel. Staff assisted us with a variety of requests. Room was very clean and met all of our basic needs. We came to Turkey to see Hagia Sophia, travel the country, and to expand my work as a professional fine artist; this was a good first dip into the sights and sounds of Istanbul and Turkish hospitality. There are several restaurants right across the street. A sound budget choice for the opportunity to experience some of the world's most visited historic sites. Would recommend daylight and a detailed map with hotel's location for finding it, but we managed without either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I was a bit taken back by the room we were given, very small, and the hardest bed I have ever slept on. The worst part was the nights since it was so loud due to the street traffic and people. It was very hard to sleep. As this was such a poor choice my wife wanted to return home soon after arriving. I nearly just walked away from my paid room to get another on somewhere else. The positive side to this hotel is a good shower (bring your own soap and shampoo, as they do not produce any for you) and it has a good location. The free breakfast was the worst I have ever had. If money is tight perhaps the place is right, I would never recommend it or come back. It is more like a 2 or 3 star hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple