See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2012

First, when I arrived, everything was nice. The first night, they were full and sent us to another hotel across the street which was not a problem. They told us that we could come tomorrow early in the morning to get a room.

I came so around 10 am and still they said they did not have the room. No problem, I was not in hurry. Then they showed me the room : no special view, but nice bathroom, big bed and still place to open two big suitcases.

The second evening, the AC started to drop water on the floor. We went directly to let the front office know. They told us to put a towel on the floor and that tomorrow someone will come and fix this.

The morning we left the room. I came back the evening alone to find my door opened, the security exit opened on the stairs where everyone can go. My computer was in the room and other valuable things. The workers was standing on the chair during his work I guess : we were able to see all the steps he did in the room. Seats were dirty bed not made, bathroom... the nightmare!

They used the WC, the sink, I was having hairs everywhere and dirt too ! When I went downstairs after taking some pictures to let them know, they were not looking surprise and told me it is dirty because when the worker was finished cleaning service was already off.

I grew up in a hotel : when something like this, problem in the room to be fixed, was happening, even if one of us had to go and clean, we were doing and never one of our guests found its room dirty.

They gave me a broom and told me it was all they could do.

The day after, my boyfriend (turkish) went to talk with the "manager" : no one was speaking english so I was not able to do it by myself. Even they did not agree to make us one price or let us this night for free.

I discovered after that cleaning service was the daughter of the boss with no qualifications and who was here in the evening : cleaning service was of when worker finished ?

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Arretedepoisson
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We found this hotel by the chance, just were passing it by in a hope to find any nice hotel (cause the hotel we booked through the internet turned out to be awful in reality). So we paid attention on its tidy look. The hotel is situated in the heart of the center, only 10-15 minutes walk to Sultanahmet, 10 minutes walk to the seafront. Our room was big enough and has a french balcony. The room was equipped with a TV-set, conditioner, mini-bar (only cola and water). Free WI-Fi in the room was like a very nice benefit. The bathroom was clean and accomplished with a set of towels, slippers, shower gel, shampoo and a hair dryer. The breakfast was served on the terrace (that was really magnificent) but was not very varied. The staff was helpful and friendly. The staying in the hotel left very positive and good impression.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Travelling as a couple we really could not fault this hotel in any way. Initially, as with most hotels, it was hard to find, however the location is great, close to the blue mosque and hagia sofia. In terms of the neighbourhood, if you are looking for somewhere in the heart of istanbul this is the place to stay. Rather than walking outside to a hoard of tourists, you truly feel like a local once you step out of the hotel, with the local shops, bakeries, and most importantly the restaurants along the road. There is a wonderful cafe/restaurant called zaya babas a few doors up from the hotel, recommended by the staff, with unbelievably cheap prices, yet was the best food we had eaten throughout our stay.
The room and the bathroom were a perfect size, and could immediately notice that they were clean and had recently been renovated, with everything you needed.
The staff were attentive, yet not intrusive. They were all very helpful with any questions about our daily plans, and welcomed us as guests and the hotel as our home, they were all lovely!
The breakfast was very good, you cannot really fault a free breakfast on a terrace! Although they do serve the same breakfast each morning, it was enough to get you on your way, however, there are many cafes on the same road that you must try if you get bored of the hotel breakfast!
Although the street gets rather busy with cars passing by throughout the day, you really should not be put off by the noise as it is all part of the experience of staying at the magnificent hotel. The call of prayer in particular was lovely to hear from the hotel!
I will definitely be recommending this hotel to friends and family, and most definitely be staying here when I visit again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank panukla
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is a family-owned hotel in the heart of the Sultanahmet district, which is a great location - just a few minutes walking distance to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, and near the Coast of Marmara Sea.
If some people dislike this hotel, it’s probably because of the area around the hotel – it could shock you at the first moment - dirty, noisy and busy streets around /it’s the most ancient part of the city after all, and you can’t expect highways/. You should guess there is no parking lot; you park just in front of the hotel entrance on a narrow busy street.
But the hotel is magnificent. Recently renovated rooms are comfortable - not big but nicely decorated, and very clean. The rooms that face on the street are a bit noisy but nicer than those at the back side. There’s a great restaurant-terrace on the top floor and the breakfast was great – wide variety of food; and you could order some things extra / a cup of turkish coffee, for example, for people like me, addicted to it/.
When we first walked into the hotel, were welcomed with those words “you are not customers, you are guests here” and that’s exactly how we felt during our stay at the hotel. Friendly helpful staff – just ask the manager and he would do anything for you, and do follow his advises.
The Magnificent hotel is my choice for future visits in Istanbul.
And there’s a wonderful restaurant on 200m up on the street, don’t miss it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ABVVarna
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We found this hotel to have the cheapest rate at one of the bests locations in Istanbul: some meters behind the Sultanahmet square and the blue mosque. Room was spacious and super comfy, with all what you need. People at reception was very attentive and the buffe for breakfast was much better than the one serving at hotel flowerpalace in Sirkeci (more expensive). The cons: the noisy street (we should have asked an interior room) the lack of elevator (a problem with voluminous luggage) and the difficultie to reach the hotel. Would go back!

• Stayed: November 2011