See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We found this hotel to have the cheapest rate at one of the bests locations in Istanbul: some meters behind the Sultanahmet square and the blue mosque. Room was spacious and super comfy, with all what you need. People at reception was very attentive and the buffe for breakfast was much better than the one serving at hotel flowerpalace in Sirkeci (more expensive). The cons: the noisy street (we should have asked an interior room) the lack of elevator (a problem with voluminous luggage) and the difficultie to reach the hotel. Would go back!

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank ArcYildiz
Reviewed 13 October 2011

It was really great to stay there. Clean, good size room. Staff is beyond expectations. Manager of this hotel Omer took care of us in every single detail. Just listen to his advises. Once we made a mistake and did the opposite to what he told us in Istanbul. So, we payed the price. Location is great. Just 3-5 min from most attractions. Plus great breakfast. Try their tea. You will never drink any other tea after. Just a dream. I just wonted to say "Thank you" again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pavel_from_Montreal
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Let me start by saying that I travel all the time for my work and I also have done some backpacking. I have stayed in different type of accommodations, anywhere from hostels to a Five-Diamond hotel. I can make a difference between reality and unrealistic travelers expectations.

I also wrote tips for Istanbul at the bottom of the review.

I give this hotel an overall 3.5*. You get exactly what they advertise.

LOCATION:
Perfect location, 5 minutes walk to Blue Mosque and 10-15 to Grand Bazzar. The taxi from airport was about 35 JD and 20 minutes. There are restaurants and shops to buy snack and water next to the hotel.

STAFF:
Very nice staff, very helpful.

ROOM:
Very clean, modern. They must have just renovated the room. It was on the smaller side but we never expect anything big. It fitted a double bed and we had 3 big suitcases open on the floor and we still had room to move around. The Internet was pretty fast. Downside: it was great that our room was on main level, but we could hear the phone ring from the reception and people talking/laughing loudly. I wished they did not allow people to hang out there for hours. A group of about 7 people decided to watch TV in lobby (I don’t think they should have a TV in lobby if they are going to have people stay in the room next to it). At 23h15 we had enough of the noise so we called reception and the people immediately left the lobby. They were back there at 7h30 AM the following day. That being said, no noise, no phone rings between 23h30 and about 7h30.

BREAKFAST:
It was good; I just wish the offered freshly brewed coffee instead of instant. They had bread/toaster, cold cuts, cheese, yogurt and a few hot dishes. The breakfast was not a lot of variety but it was enough to get us going for a few hours until we got an early lunch.
Basically, the hotel was exactly what it advertised. I would book there again and would also recommend it to friends.

TIPS:
If you want to blend in with the local, just wear a t-shirt with pants/jeans or skirt (knee length and below). All the tourists wear a scarf around their neck or on shoulders… No locals wear this. No need for one except if you want to cover your hair (which you don’t need to). When going at the blue mosque, they will lend you a scarf or a long skirt if you don’t have one.

Carry toilet paper/Kleenex with you because most washrooms run out.

You can negotiate the price of the red hop on hop off. They gave it to us for 15 Euros each instead of 20 Euros.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Banana111
Reviewed 19 September 2011

i have just came back from my staying in Magnificent hotel ( sep 2011) , it was my and my wife , and a 1 year kid. i will try to categorize my review , so that it can be helpful to anyone :

Location : the hotel is located in sultanahmet , one of the historical and touristic places in Istanbul , the area is active all the days , and has a lot of mini supermarkets , restaurants, bars and cafes. the hotel itself , is 10-15 mins walk from the sultanahmet tram station ( the starting point of everyday activity ) , but one problem is , that the hotel is located on a steep area , so that it is very hard to go up to the train station daily if u r carrying ur baby , or pushing a stroller , or having your language with you , or having an old people with u , so take care if you are usually move with these stuff

Rooms : i got an economic room , with a baby cot , the baby cot was very nice , but the room was super small , we could hardly move in the room with our bags inside , the bathroom is not comfortable at all , since the toilet is located edge to edge to the shower area , so you can hardly use the toilet. the Wifi works perfect all the time , with a very good speed , the room service and cleanness was very good , they changing the sheets and cleaning the room everyday.

Breakfast : very basic , yet very good , you just get board after the 3rd day :) because it never changes , people who is serving the breakfast can hardly understand English , so you have to struggle to ask for anything , but this is not a big deal

Hotel facilities : there is no elevator , and the stairs are very scary , specially the one when u r going up and down to the breakfast area , so , if you are having old people with you , you can ask for in room breakfast.

Staff : was very friendly and willing to help , we had a daily 5 mins chat in the morning everyday , to set our directions , Thanks Omar and Volcane , you were a great help to us. after we checked out , our flight with very late at night , they kept our language with them , we even came back after we checked out to change for the baby , and they opened a room for us to change for him . Volcane helped us to get a taxi when we are leaving with our languages , carried them with us . super super helpful

bottom line , if you are a couple , not looking for a fancy hotel , but looking for a very good and clean hotel with a reasonably budget , go directly to this hotel . if you are a family , with kids , or old people , and you are always looking for fancy hotels , with activities and so on , dont expect this from magnificent , you will suffer from some aspects( listed above ) , and it will be personal differences to bear or not to bear them.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ayehia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The magnificent hotel is an average hotel, good to stay in if you only need a place to sleep. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was on the rooftop, giving a nice view.The beds were a bit hard,but clean. The room was situated in the third floor, with steep stairs getting there. A bit hard with a heavy suitcase. The carpet in the hotelroom should bee thrown away years ago. The bathroom in the hotelroom should also have been renovated,but was clean. I am not found of instant coffee, and there should bee eggs at breakfast. The location is great, the Sultanahmet area is the right place to be for a tourist. Also very near the Blue Mosque, only five minutes walk away.

Room Tip: In the forth floor you head everybody moving the chairs around in the restaurant in the fifth floor. Maybee second or third floor is best, also because of the stairs carrying your suitcase!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends