“Charming hotel in Sultanhamet”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sultania

Hotel Sultania
Ranked #13 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Hasselt
“Charming hotel in Sultanhamet”
Reviewed 7 April 2012 via mobile

Very good, charming hotel on an ideal location. Very nice rooms, very friendly staff.
Close to Aya Sophia, Topkapi, Blue Mosk, Spice Bazaar, .... Numerous small restaurants in the close neighbourhood. I can recommend Sultania to everyone planning a city trip to Istanbul.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Marc D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 6 April 2012

From the welcome to the send off, we were consistently met with professional and warm service. The rooms are small but are very clean and well-maintained. Small touches such as small trays of Turkish delight treats each night, the breakfast buffet was superb, and the guest services were gracious and helpful. We found their free wi fi internet to be spotty, but since we were on vacation, it was not critical for us, but it might be a problem if one really relied on the net.

Servers at breakfast were top-notch and on our last day a man who we had seen cleaning our room saw us waiting for our car, came over to us and with the warmest and most sincere smile, thanked us.

Sultania is located 5-10 minutes from the most popular sites and is about two minutes from the nearest tram stop so it's very convenient.

If I return to Istanbul, I would stay again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the second floor and we only heard some furniture move above us once or twic...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Whats4dessert
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very friendly welcome to a luxurious room with good shower, kettle, minibar, lots of lights all in good order and working.
Fantastic range of food for breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fast free internet.
Good sauna, turkish bath, pool and gym.
Excellent location for the main sites within 10min walk, good restaurants close by and a wide range of shops and tram stop 3 mins away.
Sweets, dried and fresh fruit in lobby and often pastries from breakfast.
A hotel that is interested in first its guests and their needs and comfort before making every last penny from one.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel is really amazing. The staff are so helpful and very friendly. From the moment I arrived they couldnt have been kinder and more accommodating. They gave me a lovely room an it was perfect. There were some sweet treats left in the room, I had coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom is small but more than adequate. In fact I slept like a baby! And I woke to the most wonderful breakfast. There was a great bustle around the place and a wonderful atmosphere.

I would highly recommend this hotel as it is so close to everything and a wonderful find. Dont forget to pack a swim suit as they have a turkish spa.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed at the Sultania Hotel for 4 nights in the last week in March and I couldn't have hoped for a better experience.
The first and most brilliant aspect of the stay was that as soon as the reception realised that I had arrived alone and without my wife, I was told that I would only be charged for single occupancy, despite booking a double room with terrace (5th floor) and not even raising the issue. I must say that I remained suspicious until I was given the check-out bill. I was really stunned that a hotel would take such an initiative.
The hotel is unique in terms of the service, which was unfailingly top class across all aspects (over years of frequent visits to Istanbul, I doubt I have come across a better Breakfast buffet), the location which was close to transport hubs (Gulhane Metro is a few steps away) as well as main historical sites (Blue Mosque, Haige Sofia, Museum of Science and Tech in Islam, Topkapi Palace, Bosphorus, etc).
If there was a drawback, then it was the poor and intermittent Wi Fi connection in my room. Otherwise, top marks and huge thank you to everyone at the Sultania for making this visit one of the best ever to Istanbul.

Room Tip: I stayed in suite 1504 (with Terrace).
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo