See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour and felt the hotel satisfied our needs. It is in a good location in the centre of the old town. However the fittings and fixtures are tired and the bathroom could be revamped. Breakfast includes standard Turkish fare with a great view of the bay yet is only accessible by stairs. Therefore wouldn't suit those with mobility issues.

Room tip: Ask for a front or back room not one that opens on to the centre.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2014

I stayed twice at this hotel - on both ends of my tour. I booked extra days, so I stayed 3 nights the first time and two nights at the end of my trip. I lucked out with the first room, I had a street view on the 2nd floor - I think it was room 202. On the return trip, I had a room that opened to the internal air shaft, but didn't really care, as I was only in the room for sleeping and showering. The beds were comfy, and the room was a decent size. The air conditioner worked well.

Breakfast was up on the top floor with a great view of the Bosphorus. I think the hotel is missing a great opportunity by not opening up the breakfast room for cocktails - I would have sat up there and watched the city lights come on if given the chance. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of variety.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2014

This has become the new name for this hotel in my repertoire. We found our room smelly and stuffy with its only window opening to an internal air shaft, the toilet dirty, the shower mouldy, the food inedible, the service poor. Never again!!!

Room tip: Don't stay here.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kjayk
Reviewed 14 September 2014

Helpful staff, who allowed early check-in. The bar, lift and downstairs bathroom are bonuses but the real winner is the location. It's right where you need to be and the tram line makes finding your way or a doddle. Great bars and restaurants are on the doorstep. Rooms are small and nothing flash, and don't expect a view from your window. Fine choice for the budget traveller.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2014 via mobile

PROS: location is 5-10mins away from main attractions; short walk from tram stop; lovely breakfast; accomodating staff

CONS: small room and bathroom; wi-fi is temperamental; creaky elevator

Overall, great place for those on a budget

Date of stay: June 2014