All reviews business hotel business trip game center top floor cd player nice hotel floor restaurant room service is business district bosphorus bridge nice room mini bar rooms are big star hotel the breakfast area other hotels turkey
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

If I could give 2.5/5 that would be ideal.

Stayed here on business for 3 nights and wasn't overly impressed. First night I arrived and was taken to my room, clean enough but there were stains on the chairs. No iron in the room so had to go to reception, first one didn't work so back down I went. There was always a long wait at reception, there was only ever one person serving no matter how many people were waiting.

First night I went to the hotel restaurant, had risotto but could only taste salt, it was awful.

Breakfast wasn't much better, limited options outside of local Continental choices, I stuck to scrambled eggs which weren't seasoned and were stone cold on my last day.

2nd night I ordered room service, another ordeal as the guy on the other end of the phone didn't speak English!

The last night however I tried the restaurant again and was pleasantly surprised, the waiter was excellent and the food was great.

Another plus point was the gym, best I've had in a hotel.

All in all if you're a business traveller I wouldn't recommended, there's a lot of noise at night as there seems to be a lot of families and there were children screaming until late at night. I won't be staying again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Point_Barbaros, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Point Hotel Barbaros, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to share your feedback. While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and make our guests happy always. We are very sorry to hear from you that we couldn’t make it. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust,we can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. We hope to see you back.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this beautiful hotel from 1st of august to the 6th of august 2018. The hotel is very well located not far from the city center. The room was very spacious and we had a nice view. The staff was very helpful and very professional. We didn‘t have the breakfast included as it is very expensive (17€) for turkish standards. You will find very rich and delicous, local/typical breakfast in the center for 5€.

A special thank goes to Adem, the night porter which was always ready to help with a big smile on his face. Muchas gracias amigo!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Point_Barbaros, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Point Hotel Barbaros, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to comment about us and sharing it. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our aim is, giving an exceptional guest experience always with a pleasure. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon to get the same exceptional experince you had.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is situated quite far from the airport in a commercial area of Istanbul. However, the hotel is good. The room service is great.
They take a deposit of 100 euros just in case you use anything from the minibar.
The housekeeping staff is very decent and honest. All the amenities ars provided. They have an indoor swimming pool amd gym as well. The view from the restaurant is great and the food especially buffet for breakfast and lunch is awesome.
Loved the deserts.
Since my company paid for my stay I could afford the luxury. Otherwise it is pricey!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel for our family vacation in Istanbul late last month. The area is clean and well serviced. Plenty of option for restaurants, facilities and good location. The hotel has beautiful view, either from the room, or from the restaurant, over the Bosphorus. The staff expressed good attitude (specially Mr. Ali and Mr. Emra). Only the housekeeping needed a daily reminder for the complimentary services inside the room. The kids enjoyed the Game Center, which was full of entertainment, and decent prices for food and beverages. We only got disappointed as the pool was indoor , as we were expecting some sunbathing. The food during breakfast was lovish, and the stuffs were always smiling although our exaggerated family demand. I recommend to use Uber services, as it is very competitive prices with local taxis, and you will have nice cars and smiling faces. Local taxis were always negative attitude. The hotel has metro station nearby but we opted for uber as we were family and tickets prices were close to uber rates. I am happy to stay in this hotel, and opted to high floor room to enjoy the lovely view.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time to comment about us and sharing it. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our aim is, giving an exceptional guest experience always with a pleasure. Related department is informed about the subject you've mentioned, thanks for informing us about it. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon to get the same exceptional experince you had.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is great indeed but the best thing about it is the service. Night staff are absolutely amazing, practical, and quick problem solvers. Special thanks to Adem for his help and reactivity. Everything was simply perfect. Great location, clean, nice view from rooms etc.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Point_Barbaros, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Point Hotel Barbaros, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018