“Great cafe!!!!”
Review of Cafe Rumist

Cafe Rumist
Ranked #18 of 14,675 Restaurants in Istanbul
Price range: USD 13 - USD 39
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Sultanahmet
Description: All the Turkish hot and cold drinks, dessert, kebabs, pides, pizzas in a wood burning oven.
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I’m a pilot and we came with friends to Istanbul...we loved the atmosphere, decoration, food and service were awesome...highly recommended

1  Thank Marco A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed 28 January 2018

This place ended up being on the corner from my hotel. I had gotten sick on my travels and my partner knew that lemon and honey tea could help me feel better and shake off the sick. After calling around to a few places, he found this one and they said they could fix a honey and lemon hot drink for me. It was the best! Very quiet (due to time of year I believe) and the two gents working there were so nice. They made two drinks for me, a fresh lemon and honey tea like drink, and then a honey and ginger drink as well. Not sure how much they helped, but I felt much better after drinking them. We went there almost every day for a week and got to know the employees well. We also stopped by for dinner a few times, and the food is amazing. All fresh made in a stone oven. Fantastic taste, good spice/flavouring, and enough to fill me and my partner up. We also ordered pizza for the room one night and it was also amazing. They have such a wide variety on the menu you are sure to find something you like. And the decor of the place is warm and inviting. Can not wait to return on my next trip.

1  Thank Izzy K
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The Cafe Rumist is a cozy little restaurant just a few steps from the Aya Sophia in the historic Sultanahmet area. Service is friendly and efficient. Food is of very good quality and reasonably priced. Been here twice and would be happy to come back!

3  Thank RodrigoHueb
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We came here twice in the 3 days we were in Istanbul. The food was incredibly flavorful, and the lady who runs the place, Razya, is one of the sweetest we met! We had hot clay pot, mixed cold appetizer, and the mixed kebab platter. Some of the best comfort food I've ever had! She also has great apple tea and I even bought a kilo to take home!

1  Thank RevRed64
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a great location in the Sultanahmet area, and has delicious and authentic Turkish cuisine. We went here twice during our stay because it was that good! Highly recommend the testi kebab (made inside a clay pot!) and the mixed kebab....so yummy! The service and hospitality is equally as amazing and top notch!

2  Thank jdt987