“Fabulous apartment in a fabulous city”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Florence, Italy
“Awful”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
people found this review helpful

I booked this apartment for the New Years Eve 2011/2012 after having read the good reports on Trip Advisor.
Since from the payment (the paypal system didn't work at all) I found troubles and when I arrived to the apartment I saw that the palace has nothing to do with the word "luxury".
The apartment was nothing special but, most of all, it was located in a very noisy street that prevented me from sleeping well.
Moreover I found out that some ants came down from the celeing (or somewhere else). Finally, after two days on December 31st, the electrical system went off and the owner told me that there was no guarantee that it was recovered.
So the owner proposed me to move to another apartment that, actually, was even worse than the initial one.
I decided to go to a real luxury hotel in Taksim Square for the final part of my vacation.
The only positive thing is that the owner gave me back the money for the nights not spent.
In the end the price for night is not absolutely justified, don't go there!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
1 Jan 2013
We're really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience, even after we'd all tried our best to help you with your issues.

It's possible that you're just not suited to an apartment stay, which is in many ways different from a hotel experience. Your expectations seem to have been far removed from the information available to you about this apartment and so it makes sense for us to hear that you were, in the end, a better fit for a large 'luxury hotel' in Taksim Square.

A stay at pera!place apartment is undoubtedly a unique experience and although there are some things that the apartment is 'not', there are many more very special things that it certainly 'is'! We try really hard to make this clear online: we're very open about the noisy location and we don't call it 'luxury', though many guests are completely amazed by the original 19th century architectural opulence (gilded ceiling and marble fireplace), carefully retained without over-restoration and how we have balanced this with a very contemporary new kitchenette, chic bathroom plus high quality, stylish furnishing.

It was unfortunate that you experienced a power cut during your stay, but these do happen occasionally. This is part of normal life for residents in the area and is something that we are unable to prevent. Such cuts don't usually last long. We provide atmospheric battery nightlights, torches and as much information and support as we can, should the event arise.

We have to be clear that your payment issue was a result of its being blocked en-route to us by PayPal as a 'suspicious' for some reason. This happens very rarely: we accept credit card and PayPal transactions all the time without any problems.

We did offer you an alternative apartment (quiet location and more expensive than pera!place) at the time, which still didn't satisfy you, and then we refunded you for all the nights you didn't stay (peak period for us). We weren't obliged by our contract with you or by normal apartment rental protocol to do any of this.

It saddens us to hear that you still hold feelings of resentment one year later.

Julia and Tarkan (istanbul!place apartments)
Zadar
Reviewed 9 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers

Reviewed 7 October 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing