“Please, don't call it a 4 star hotel!”

Assos Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #959 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 9 August 2011

The hotel is located a few minutes walk from major attractions of Istanbul, but it is at the end of an uphill walk, very uncomfortable especially by car. To be honest, the overall design is quite poor, rooms are very small, and the level of cleanliness is low. The elevator is a coffin, dark and without air and Internet access (with fee) is dark and narrow. The top floor with lovely views of the Bosphorus hosts the restaurant with an acceptable international menu. The staff is friendly and is easy to communicate in English but please don't call it a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Reiko78
There are newer reviews for Assos Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 31 July 2011

We - a family of 5 members stayed 14 nights at this hotel, which is very central located. The hotel is OK and the staff gave us a good service. The room was OK but was not the biggest. But who comes to a new place and stays at the hotel? ;-)
At the hotel´s homepage they show their swimming pool but they forget to tell the visitors that they should pay for the use of it.... It is the first time I have tried this. My kids went a few times to swim there but they told me that the water was very cold.
I will not recommend this hotel for visitors who do not walk that good because the way up to the mainroad is quite hard.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank torkhani
Reviewed 5 June 2011

I stayed in Assos Hotel for 2 nights with my parents when we were both visiting Turkey. I found this place perfectly fine although I agree with the other reviews that it maybe isn't a 4 star hotel. However, the room was nice and clean and we all had enough space. It was a little noisy (people talking and shouting on the street and a really loud car wash) but it didn't bother me (but I do tend to sleep through most things). I found the breakfast to be really good with lots of choice. I will also say that the staff weren't the friendliest that I have met in my life, but they answered questions when needed and were courteous. Good location and yes, it is on a hill, but you can't really avoid hills in Istanbul wherever you stay. If you are able to walk and are in reasonable shape, you should be able to walk up a hill.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank GloJul
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Good hotel, clean and with easy access to the main touristic attractions.
Have booked a transfer from the airport, that I was informed the price of 30 euros, in the morning I have called to inform that my flight was delayed and wanted to reconfirm the price so they told me 50 euros...... after a little while they agreeded in 30 again,
I GOT REALLY SURPRISED when I asked for a map in the reception and was given a map with lots of advertising, that actually I went in to another hotel asking for direction and was given the same map, and they have charged me for this map, when they first said I had to pay I started laughing thinking it was a joke, but the receptionist got the money straight away and put in his pocket, and after talking in Turkish with his colleague they started laughing.....
So don` t expect nothing, not even a little help from the staff.
Breakfast really strange, but alright.
Loud speakers on the hotel street with muslin prayers around 5 o'clock wakes you up. For sure

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank H_Montemor
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Service: staff seem unprofessional!! Little things that make a difference were missing. Eg: ask them to get u a taxi for the airport, they'll charge u 75lira! Do it urself, it costs u 30lira!

Breakfast: terrible, terrible, terrible!! It's a joke! No fruit, bad yogurt, not even omellete!! Bread is old!! I was shocked!!

For any1 considering this!! Pls Dnt!! U'll waste money for bad service and only eaT olives for breakfast!!!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Ochakdai
Travellers also viewed these Istanbul hotels
Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi
Sultanahmet
Great Fortune Hotel & SPA
Great Fortune Hotel & SPA
#164 of 1,159 in Istanbul

Been to Assos Hotel Istanbul? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Assos Hotel Istanbul

Address: Mithatpasa Caddesi No 48 & Sarac Ishak Mh. Uysal Sokak No 6, Istanbul 34492, Turkey
Region: Turkey > Istanbul > Beyazıt
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
#251 Spa Hotel in Istanbul
#471 Luxury Hotel in Istanbul
Price Range: $63 - $459 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Assos Hotel Istanbul 4*
We invite you to see and breath the amazing treasures of Istanbul. This is an invitation for you to experience Assos Hotel's comfort and luxury together - we are ready to serve you Turkish hospitality with our smiling, experienced staff. Assos Hotel has one of the best location in the old part of the city if you are here to explore the historical monuments and shopping attractions. Hotel Assos is located in the Beyazit area where the Grand Covered Bazaar is located. Also all other sights to see, such as the Blue Mosque, St. Sophie and Topkapi Palace, are in walking distance within a few minutes. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Agoda, Booking.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Assos Hotel Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Istanbul Assos Hotel