“The best Hyatt I have ever stayed at”

Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas
Ranked #32 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 January 2012

My family's stay at the Park Hyatt Macka Palas from 18th to 22nd December 2011 remains in my mind just like a dream. Arriving at 6am in the morning after a very long flight from Australia, the hotel staff and reception were incredibly warm and accommodating, having our room ready (room 707) and arranging for us to have buffet breakfast on the day of our arrival instead of the day of our departure, since our departing flight required us to leave early in the morning for Athens.

All the staff is very attentive but never is anyone on top of you. The hotel exudes a quiet charm and elegance - it is as if it is a sanctuary amidst the hussle and bustle of Istanbul.

ROOMS
We booked the most basic twin room for 3 ppl and we were treated like KIngs and Queens. The hotel itself is very new (only 3 yrs old) and the rooms are very spacious. I had the best roll-away bed out of my whole EU trip here, whilst my parents' bed was incredily comfortable and very large - they couldn't touch each other! The view is of Galata Tower and the street the hotel faces (Bronz Sokak or Nisantasi, both views are stunning). The nespresso machien was a bonus and so easy, whilst the bathroom is very well designed and has heated tiling, separate wash basin area, separate toilet and separate bath and shower. In fact, the shower had a hammam inside - it was definitely the best shower I have ever experienced in my whole life and you truly feel clean, destressed and relaxed after having a hammam shower. Of course, you don't have to have the hammam on if you wish to have a shower!

BREAKFAST
I prefer a smaller range at buffet breakfasts with quality and fresh produce and an a la carte menu to choose hot food - and this is exactly what the Park Hyatt serves and I believe they've hit the jackpot here! Their cheese pie and koulouria (round bread) was to die for and their entire delicatessen section was updated daily and beautiful. The waiters were very professional, cooking us a range of hot food every day from Eggs Florentine to Omelettes, French Toast and Eggs with Chorizo sausage, etc. Their cappuccinos are amazing and so are the hot chocolates.

THE PRIME RESTAURANT
We celebrated our last night after an exhilirating and dream-like trip in Istanbul at the hotel's restaurant, The Prime. It had been my birthday and the hotel was kind enough to allow my father to bring a very special and expensive bottle of Sth African wine we had been given by a special American family friend of ours. I was glad to see that all the staff at the Park Hyatt, especially at the Prime, espoused a level of finesse we lack greatly in Australia and in the US. The steaks and seafood are cooked in front of you - it is an open air kitchen - and I can tell you it was good value! We were looked after very well and we were even surprised by a special Birthday Cake the hotel had arranged for me, with all the staff and my family singing "happy birthday" - a brilliant touch.

LOCATION
Istanbul is too large of a city to walk everywhere. We did LOTS of walking in Istanbul adn wore the soles out of our shoes, but I can assure you there is no one place where all the tourist & historic sites are! The hotel is perfectly situated in a very safe, busy and upmarket area called Nisantasi - we think it is the best area to stay in because you have everything at your doorstep. I have never seen designer stores as plentiful in number and as busy in nature as the ones here near the hotel, in Istanbul! Streets are so clean and picture perfect, everyone will love them, and designer shopping is cheap compared to what we pay in EU and especially compared to Australia! An added bonus is that taxis are quite cheap in Istanbul and plentiful in number.

Many thanks to the hotel for the concierge's TOP recommendations for dinner on 3 nights in a row - remember to try out the restaurant right opposite the hotel for a true Turkish cuisine experience with a classy twist. Not expensive at all!

We hope to come back to Istanbul as soon as possible and we are truly indebted to the hotel for making our holiday so magical and for helping us forge such an affinity with the beautiful city of cultural, historical and religious wealth that is Istanbul!

Room Tip: Ask at reception for a room with a hammam shower or the best room they have. It is a boutique hotel...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Jiannis T

Reviewed 3 January 2012

It is a wonderful hotel. The rooms are amazing. It's located a bit far from main tourist attractions for visiting during the day (taxis in Istanbul are very reasonable) but nice neighborhood, close to nice restaurants/bars to go to at night. Totally worth the experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the bridge!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The Park Hyatt in Istanbul is offering different types of rooms, all of them are really comfortable, exquisitely designed. You can take a relaxing bath with the spa lightings of your own bathroom. There is an mp3 connection inroom, large flat screen tv, dvd, minibar with large choice, .... Hotel also offers a choice of rooms with own steam room.
Great breakfast, with fresh juice and a large buffet choice plus additional menu with extra charge.
The personel and concierge are very supportive in all your requests.
The hotel is located both in a nice area, very close to luxury shops and financial area.
Several bars and restaurants are reachable by foot, which is interesting in such a living and crowdy city. The restaurant of the hotel seems to have good recommendations but I did not try it.

Room Tip: Choose either a executive or steam room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2011

Staff was professional & friendly, hotel was quite - small but big enough. my room 409 - was with shower with steam room, separate bathtub, separate toilet and huge bed.. Etc the reason why i come back. If not becoz of the traffic i will definitely enjoy istanbul much more

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I just finished a wonderful stay at the Park Hyatt Istanbul. I think I have a new favorite Hyatt and really do this property is one of the top two or three in the entire Hyatt chain. Everything from the accommodations, to the staff to the amenities made our stay at the Park Hyatt Istanbul near perfect.

The location, in a high end neighborhood, was perfect as shopping and great restaurants were in walking distance. The spa king accommodations are amazing with the most impressive bathrooms I have seen in any hotel. I want a private Haman in my house now. Everyone we encountered was friendly helpful and very professional. The hotel is smaller about 70 rooms I believe, so it has a very nice feel with a real personalized stay.

The Concierge Helen, provided great advice, and we found the wait staff in the restaurant offering warm and gracious service and all the food we had was outstanding. Their breakfast buffet is impressive and we enjoyed how they offered many Turkish breakfast specialties along with the many continental items. The spa staff was very professional and provided wonderful treatments. This truly is a very well run property.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maddbob
hande71, Public Relations Manager at Park Hyatt Istanbul - Macka Palas, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,I would like to thank you for staying with us at Park Hyatt Istanbul-Macka Palas Istanbul during your recent visit and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments. We were more than pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your appreciation with all our employees. We also look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Istanbul-Macka Palas in the near future.
Kind regards,