“Noisy Restaurant.”
Review of Dervish - CLOSED

Dervish
Reviewed 18 May 2015

Visited one evening for a set meal. Unfortunately there was a group in the room adjacent with a disco going full volume - spoilt the atmosphere. I think the main purpose of this restaurant is for groups.
Salads were good, mains average but they had some tasty draught beer.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We tried to find the Derwish Restaurant tonight. According to the address and description we found the place. It seems no longer to be called Derwish, but Cafe Variation and serves Georgian food. Food was ok, rather good, but quite overpriced we found. Service was ok, but nothing spectacular.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

we certainly had a lovely dinner at Derwish restaurant. The servants were all very kind and polite. The choice on the menu was good, prices oke. Food was excellent.
The interior was really exotic and nice.
The only negative point is that i was with a group of people,( 11) The restaurant could not handle this amount of people. It took a very ( i mean very) long time before some plates were served. The people did not get served at the same moment. Some had already eaten while the others were still waiting ( and eventualy lost their appetite)
it was a pitty because the food was good and the ambience terriffic.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

the place we are always welcomed. Nice national food, good wine, best service. good place for business and friend's meeting.

Reviewed 21 April 2009

Interesting décor and menu... I was tempted to try the "Arabian Fairly Nights" which turned out to be Kung Pao Chicken with no peppers. Portions seemed small to me but I'm a big guy. Service was awful... had to wait fifteen minutes before I could get the server's attention to get the bill. In all fairness, they had a party of businessmen come in right when I finished eating, so all the wait staff were running around collecting vodka shots etc. Lonely Planet mentioned homeade wine but it wasn't on the menu so I had to ask. I'm glad I did, since the wine glass that showed up was full to the brim. I'm not sure it was really homeade though... it tasted like a Georgian wine. What blew my top was after waiting to get the bill, I found the "service" line of the bill was blank and the total was significantly higher than I expected. I called the service person out on this. He replied service was 20% and disappeared. Once I pulled my calculator out I found the service charge was 30%. Of course no one was around to discuss this so instead of waiting another twenty minutes, I threw the money on the table and left. They only screwed me out of a dollar anyway. There's a lot better places in Tashkent... don't waste your money.

1  Thank american_rugbier