“Clean and on good location”
Double/Twin room
Entrance to garden
Reception area
Reception area
Double / Twin Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Russian first
Any
Anouk S
“Clean and on good location”
Reviewed 17 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Clean hostel with good beds. The shared bathrooms inside are quite small but on the other side: there's a bathroom on the rooftop terrace! From the hostel it's very close to walk to the road close to the traintracks, where it's very easy to catch a tuktuk to the fort or the trainstation.

nupurbhak...
New Delhi, India
“excellent place to stay with your friends”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

A very well managed, neat and tidy hostel to stay in. Its very pocket friendly.The Location of the hostel is also is ideal, situated near Duplication road and Galle Road (Major Shopping Streets in Colombo) and a super market is adjacent to the hostel to buy daily grocery or departmental items . Me and my friends (a group of 12 people) stayed at the hostel for 10 days and we all had a great time and felt like home.

Travelling group: Large Group
DzarH
Singapore
“Nice place to stay!”
Reviewed 28 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

Although I only stayed here for one night, it was definitely worth it! Stayed at the mixed dorm with a friend, room was very clean although not too spacious. The shared toilet was basic and quite clean as well. Breakfast (bread and eggs) costs about $2.5 USD. The owner was also very helpful in giving directions around the area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Satonaka...
Tokyo, Japan
“It`a great place to say...”
Reviewed 22 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I love Sri Lanka. So I went to Sri Lanka with my friends. When I search for accommodations I got this Thambili Island @ Stubbs.. It`s a great place in middle of Colombo city. And it`s a very clean place with helpfully staff.
私はスリランカのこと好きので先週友達と一緒に旅行してきました。行く前宿泊施設の事インタネットで検索したらThambili Island @ Stubbs というところが出てきました。初回であったこのところ絶好なところでした。次回もこっちで決めました。。。。

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Josh555
Perth, Australia
“New and modern hostel ”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Me and my friend spent 3 nights here whilst we sorted out visa issues. As we didn't feel there was much to do in Colombo we spent quite a lot of time in the hostel, although that wasn't a bad thing.
The woman on reception was helpful and friendly, and offered us a tea when we arrived which I felt was very nice. The facilities there are very good, as it has recently been renovated, and the wifi is pretty good. Also has a nice social area with TV where I was able to watch some football. The beds are good and have their own lamp and universal plug socket, and each bed comes with a large locker.
One thing I found strange about the hostel is that the shared bathroom had a shower with 2 adjoining toilets, however if someone was in the shower and locked the door it also prevented access to the other 2 toilets as the shower was in the main body of the room with the sinks, unless people don't mind a peep show. It's a shared bathroom for a couple of dorms so can see that causing problems during busy periods ie in the morning. Also I found the cost quite expensive for what it was, although I was surprised in general about the price of accommodation Sri Lanka.
Lastly, me and my friend went out for st Patrick's day, so obviously went drinking. We arrived back not particularly late, before midnight, to find the gate locked. We rang the bell for 5 mins and when no one answered we were forced to climb over. We then arrived at the hostel door, which was also locked, and after knocking on that door for about 5 mins one of the guests came down from his room and let us in the back door. I felt there definitely should have been some kind of night porter present, or at the very least we made aware of some sort of curfew, although I really don't like hostels with curfews.
Overall I quite enjoyed my stay there, and hopefully some of my misgivings can be addressed as it is still early days and they seem eager for feedback. Good potential.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing