“It`a great place to say...”
Double/Twin room
Entrance to garden
Reception area
Reception area
Double / Twin Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Satonaka...
Tokyo, Japan
“It`a great place to say...”
Reviewed 22 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

I love Sri Lanka. So I went to Sri Lanka with my friends. When I search for accommodations I got this Thambili Island @ Stubbs.. It`s a great place in middle of Colombo city. And it`s a very clean place with helpfully staff.
私はスリランカのこと好きので先週友達と一緒に旅行してきました。行く前宿泊施設の事インタネットで検索したらThambili Island @ Stubbs というところが出てきました。初回であったこのところ絶好なところでした。次回もこっちで決めました。。。。

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Josh555
Perth, Australia
“New and modern hostel ”
Reviewed 4 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Me and my friend spent 3 nights here whilst we sorted out visa issues. As we didn't feel there was much to do in Colombo we spent quite a lot of time in the hostel, although that wasn't a bad thing.
The woman on reception was helpful and friendly, and offered us a tea when we arrived which I felt was very nice. The facilities there are very good, as it has recently been renovated, and the wifi is pretty good. Also has a nice social area with TV where I was able to watch some football. The beds are good and have their own lamp and universal plug socket, and each bed comes with a large locker.
One thing I found strange about the hostel is that the shared bathroom had a shower with 2 adjoining toilets, however if someone was in the shower and locked the door it also prevented access to the other 2 toilets as the shower was in the main body of the room with the sinks, unless people don't mind a peep show. It's a shared bathroom for a couple of dorms so can see that causing problems during busy periods ie in the morning. Also I found the cost quite expensive for what it was, although I was surprised in general about the price of accommodation Sri Lanka.
Lastly, me and my friend went out for st Patrick's day, so obviously went drinking. We arrived back not particularly late, before midnight, to find the gate locked. We rang the bell for 5 mins and when no one answered we were forced to climb over. We then arrived at the hostel door, which was also locked, and after knocking on that door for about 5 mins one of the guests came down from his room and let us in the back door. I felt there definitely should have been some kind of night porter present, or at the very least we made aware of some sort of curfew, although I really don't like hostels with curfews.
Overall I quite enjoyed my stay there, and hopefully some of my misgivings can be addressed as it is still early days and they seem eager for feedback. Good potential.

von6113
Hong Kong, China
““Nice & enjoyable stay””
Reviewed 29 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We stayed at Thambili Island @ Stubbs for 3 days. It was such a great experience. The room was nice, new, clean and good air condition. The kitchenette was useful and well equipped.The owners Manuri and his wife & staff were so sweet and helpful, and made every effort to ensure, that we had a good and pleasant stay. The neighborhood was quiet, safe and easy access...the food city (grocery store) was in next street. We'll definitely recommend Thambili Island @ Stubbs to my friends.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Geoff_Bro...
London, United Kingdom
“Very clean guest house, and very helpful owner!”
Reviewed 15 March 2016 for a stay in March 2016

This is a new business, which is trying really hard to provide a nice, clean guesthouse, whilst attempting to help their guests in whatever way possible.

The owner is super friendly, and even gave me a lift in his car to the local shop, when he saw I was going there late at night.

He has lots of helpful information about Colombo and Sri Lanka, which he is more than happy to share with his guests.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a nice, clean, affordable stay in Colombo!

AniyaKS
“Good place”
Reviewed 14 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016

I stayed one week there because I had to do a training in Colombo. The place was clean and quiet and, in a good location.

Travelling group: Solo
Management Response
15 Mar 2016
Thank you for your input, wish to see you again in the future
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing