All reviewsno alcoholrooftop restaurantgalle roaddry hotelinfinity poolnice hoteltop floorsri lankasmall balconyreasonable ratesbuffet breakfastrecommend this hotelbuilding workwelcome drinkconvenient locationnice staystayed here for two nights
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very nice hotel, lovely food in the restaurant and great selection of food for breakfast. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Great swimming pool on the roof, just a shame that there is a no alcohol policy, .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Keith54_12
MandarinaSales, Manager at Mandarina Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Keith,

We take this opportunity to thank you for selecting Mandarina Colombo Hotel and for the time taken in sharing your valuable feedback.

We are glad that had a good time and are glad to note that you found our facilities and the comfort to your liking.

We will also certainly share this with our team so that they may also know and improve on their services.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and certainly do look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarina Colombo, during your next visit to Sri Lanka.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

The hotel is modern and very comfortable, with great views over the city and bay. Nice, modern rooms and good service. Ammenities were equally top notch, especially the rooftop pool. If anything, the rooftop looks a bit tired and could use a light refurb. All else was really good.

Room Tip: Floor 6 or above
Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Maria,

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the property location, setting, ambiance, and the services rendered by our colleagues have exceeded your expectations.

Your valuable feedback would no doubt be an inspiration and would certainly be a motivational factor to the entire team, as we strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

Thanking you once again for choosing our property for your recent stay, we look forward to your continued patronage and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarina Colombo.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Experience was absolutely exceptional with the hotel. They checked us in early, were very kind and had an amazing breakfast served in the rooftop restaurant. The location also was very decent. I was very happy with my decision UNTIL I had the negative experience with the hotel's car rental (read:scam) company that operates in their lobby.

Our original agreement was LKR 40,500 to get us from colombo to Ella and then back to the airport via Kandy over 5 days with 500 km mileage. Once I arrive in the remote-ish location of ella (about 200 km away from colombo) the car rental company decides that they want to charge me a large penalty for each day I don't use the car. This was not informed to me in the 20 minute discussion I had with the agents in colombo and nothing as such was stated in the receipt/contract they provided me. Because of my persistence and refusal to do so, they weren't able to scam any money out of me but that is something that other guests should be aware of.

This letdown was a massive stress on a time where I should have been relaxing and not worrying about a 4 star hotel trying to scam me. I hope that the hotel management seriously look into this unfair practice going on in their hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bilal a
MandarinaSales, Manager at Mandarina Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

ear Bilal,

We have also taken very serious note of your critical feedback in regards to the Taxi/Car Rental service which you received and we will certainly investigate the same and ensure that proper action is taken to rectify the highlighted issues.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and it is only with this kind of feedback, we can identify and correct ourselves.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

That was a good hospitality from the staff. Need to work out with the check out timings or also day use room rates should be applied in the hotel tariff. Thanks it was a great experience and definately will be back soon .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Usman,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I have gone to Mandarina with my wife for dinner. As soon as you enter you will notice the change in the air thanks to their amazing scented candles which really gives you a happy, relaxed feeling. The hotel is super clean and the atmosphere is wonderful.

The restaurant is on the roof top with a magnificent view of the Galle road and the Colombo city. The food was really delicious and not expensive as I have expected either. I have taken the buffet and even though it was tasty as hell they can improve by adding a bit more variety to their selection. They also have an Ala-cart menu which you can order something special. The bar also has good selection of cocktails and other drinks. The restaurant is also clean to the tip.

Next to the restaurant is their infinity pool which you will definitely feel tempted to take a dip. I was not prepared for a swim but I can guarantee you its a pool with an amazing view from the Mandarina's roof top.

Room Tip: A city view room
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
MandarinaSales, Manager at Mandarina Colombo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Chathuranga,

We take this opportunity to thank you for selecting our property and for the time taken in sharing your valuable feedback with our readers and us during you recent visit.

We are delighted to see that the Dinner Buffet @ the Rooftop Restaurant, our services and our colleagues have met your expectations.

Thank you so very much for the very valuable feedback and we will certainly share this up with our colleagues.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage and certainly do look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarina Colombo.